Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploads fail, no error messages  (Read 3138 times)

aguasch

• Coppermine newbie
Uploads fail, no error messages
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:18:08 pm »

New installation (after an ImageMagick problem was finally found). File uploads fail, with both the "Upload File" and "Batch add files" options. No error messages. Using Firefox on Windows, I get a blank screen. Firefox on Linux prompts me to download a file with the name of the php script; file is blank. IE says "The page cannot be displayed." Checking the server error log, I see that two child processes have died:

[Thu Jul 12 14:03:03 2007] [notice] child pid 7636 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
  [Thu Jul 12 14:03:03 2007] [notice] child pid 7633 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

No PHP errors were logged, although logging is turned on.

I read the upload troubleshooting guide, turned on debug mode, set single file uploads only, and tried again, but with the httpd process exiting there's no info or errors being sent back to me.

Clearly, something's dying. But I have no idea what it might be. Any ideas?

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Uploads fail, no error messages
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 01:23:32 pm »

Posting a link to your cpg and a non-admin account would help us help you.

aguasch

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:33:04 pm »

Unfortunately, it's on an intranet - no external access is possible.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 05:36:13 pm »

Hate to say it again, but this looks like another webserver setup issue to me. Do other PHP pages work as expected? If yes, try uplading a ffresh copy of the files - maybe it got corrupted when extracting or moving around.

aguasch

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 05:54:06 pm »

Yes, I've got a bunch of PHP pages talking to a MySQL database, and they work well (simple stuff, though - a very basic home-built CMS for an intranet site).

It's not a problem-free system. I've also tried installing another photo gallery - specifically, "Gallery". The older "Gallery", which is all PHP but doesn't require a database, works well (too limited for me, though). The newer "Gallery2", which does use a MySQL database, is giving me problems - the installation is dying after it has created a bunch of tables but before it populates them.

So PHP works, MySQL works, they work together - except there are two applications involving that pairing that don't work.

I'll try this again with a fresh installation. If that doesn't work I may be looking for a new server. I've come to the conclusion that HP/UX sucks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.