Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing comment data in intermediate view  (Read 3549 times)

TeenStorm

• Coppermine novice
  • €®!¢
    • TeenStorm.com
Missing comment data in intermediate view
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:03:28 am »

I'm allowing Guests to post comments on my site (listed in profile) but there's a 1 line limit 40 chr max.  Using CPG 1.4.10 I had comments.  Added Captcha 1.7 and still had comments.  A week passed and I don't have the whole comment anymore.  While in guest mode I can see all comments when using Last Comments main nav bar but when I use the intermediate view I only see the name of the poster and the date/time of their post...the actual comment (whether w/or without emots) is not present.  If I login as Admin or a User the comments are visible only if I hit the "e" icon to edit the post.  I upgraded to Captcha 1.8 still no dice; removed the Captcha plugin and the comments don't restore in the intermediate view.  Is it possible something got corrupted or would you recommend it's time I upgrade to CPG 1.4.12 restoring any mods/hacks I may have forgotten to document in my own paperwork, or has anyone else experienced something similar? 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 05:42:23 am by Sami »

TeenStorm

• Coppermine novice
  • €®!¢
    • TeenStorm.com
Re: Missing comment data in intermediate view
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 03:30:01 am »

Please close this post; I caused it by virtue of PEBKAC (my bad!).  ...had completely commented out the make clickeable function in functions.inc.php while exploring a separate subject Nibbler helped me with regarding another post. 

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Missing comment data in intermediate view
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:46:09 am »

would you recommend it's time I upgrade to CPG 1.4.12

Yes, 1.4.10 has a major security issue
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.