Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Integrated CPG-Stramm  (Read 3925 times)

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
Integrated CPG-Stramm
« on: July 02, 2007, 01:43:21 am »

Hi Stramm,

I wonder if this is a "correct procedure".  I have many independent galleries. To upgrade from an older CPG version withe integrated Stramm modpack, what I do is this:

I upload the latest  entire CPG (e.g., v1.4.11) into the root directory. This is renamed as cpg1411. [No installation is done following the upload and rename.] After that is done,  the latest Stramm modpack (e.g., stramm_mod1.4.11.bridge.1) is opened, and the content of the Stramm mod uploaded to the latest entire CPG (renamed cpg1411).

I then download, the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411".   

1. Creating New Gallery.

If I wish to prepare another new gallery, I upload the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411" and do an install,  the after the install, I execute the update process.  [Until cpg1.4.9, this has worked, for new install. For cpg1410, the process works.]

2. Update an Old Gallery.

I create a   "for update" version of the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411", let us call this simply as  "for update" version.  To prepare this, I remove the appropriate files or directories  (e.g., install.php, albums, and specific files in the include directory as noted in the "update" instructions). 

This  "for update" version of the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411" is then uploaded into the directory of the older cpg  that needs update. Then  update.php is done.

I hope both the Update process in 1 and 2 are OK.  It saves me a lot of time by doing a 'single loading of the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411'."

Thanks.

Cornelio
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 07:12:50 am by Stramm »

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Integrated CPG-Stramm
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:48:40 am »

yes, both methods work

You can copy the contents of the modpack archive into the original CPG replacing the existing files.
Install: As usual but after finished the install you need to run update.php
Upgrade: As usual and run update.php after the upgrade process

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Integrated CPG-Stramm
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 11:37:19 pm »

Thanks Stramm,

Now I have to do this again with v1.4.12

Cornelio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.