Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi - a few questions for a new user!!!!  (Read 2625 times)

shonkyboy

• Coppermine novice
Hi - a few questions for a new user!!!!
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:43:59 pm »

Hi All - I am wondering if someone out there can answer me a few questions please?
I have just installed coppermine for the first time and I need to configure it a bit for a private photo gallery.
I am doing this for a friend who is a wedding photographer - so here is a bit of background:
Previously , when he took the photos he went round with his laptop to the customners house and they chose the photos that they wanted in the album.
The online version needs to allow registered users access to their album ONLY.
He does not want any other pictures visible to anyone other than that user.

I am a bit confused with the groups issue - I have created users but the ones I have created inherit the groups permissions and they seem to be able to view other photos of other users in that group. All the albums need to be private - and that will not change.

I have read the documentation and gone though the boards but was unable to find exactly what I wanted.
Anyway , here are a bunch of questions for anyone kind enough to answer them!!!
Thanksin Advance.

1: What is the best way to set up the users and groups so that a new client is given a username and password (that we create) and they can only access their photos and nothing else? (at the mo user1 can access user2 's pics.)

2: One of the main problems is the Random Files and Latest Additions sections - this shows other peoples pictures - we do not want this - how do I get rid of these? It would be nice to keep that  for admin only - but im not that bothered. - the same applies for the 'last uploads' on the user menu.

3: When uploading - I have set the restrictions to admin only - as the only people that upload files should be us - I think I havwe sussed this - but basically I want to be able to create a user and password then add the files to their gallery for them to preview. Are there any specific things I need to take in to consideration about this - bearing in mind I do not want any users other than admin to be able to upload photos.

4: It would be nice for the user to be able to select the pics they want online - maybe by using commenting or rating - five stars mean they want that one - zero means they don’t - what advice could anyone give me for this?

5: Image size - the documentation states a maximum size for uploads - if the pics were all at 10MP - does imagemagic automatically reduce the size of these when uploading - or do they need to be post processed in Photoshop? - We do not wish the user to be able to download full res images for obvious reasons!!

6: On the picture view - you can click on this to open a pop up window with the full size image there - how can this be disabled?

7:Bridging - based upon what I intend to use the gallery for - do you think that I am best diabling bridging and plugins?

8: Uploads - at the mo uploading has to be done one file at a time - upto a max of 5 at once - how do I upload an entire folder of photos that would have upto 200 photos in? Obviouly it is a bit labourious uploading 5 at a time when 1 user will have many pictures?

Anyway that’s it - thanks once again and sorry about the size of the post!!!!!!!!

Chris :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:44:57 am by GauGau »

shonkyboy

• Coppermine novice
Re: Hi - a few questions for a new user!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:15:06 pm »

Sorry - I just read the 'one question per thread' clause  - my main worry at the moment is other users being able to see random files

"2: One of the main problems is the Random Files and Latest Additions sections - this shows other peoples pictures - we do not want this - how do I get rid of these? It would be nice to keep that  for admin only - but im not that bothered. - the same applies for the 'last uploads' on the user menu."

I just want registered users to be able to see their pictures and their pictures only - which sort of goes into the users question.
Apologies about this.
 :'(

shonkyboy

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 01:29:51 pm »

Silly me - after a bit more digging I answered my own question re the random files!  sorted now.
Still struggling a bit on other stuff - but getting somewhere now.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:44:33 am »

For the benefit of others you should have posted what you did to solve your main issue.
Marking this thread as "solved". Start separate threads for your remaining questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.