Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Integrated CPG-Stramm  (Read 3923 times)

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
Integrated CPG-Stramm
« on: July 02, 2007, 01:43:21 am »

Hi Stramm,

I wonder if this is a "correct procedure".  I have many independent galleries. To upgrade from an older CPG version withe integrated Stramm modpack, what I do is this:

I upload the latest  entire CPG (e.g., v1.4.11) into the root directory. This is renamed as cpg1411. [No installation is done following the upload and rename.] After that is done,  the latest Stramm modpack (e.g., stramm_mod1.4.11.bridge.1) is opened, and the content of the Stramm mod uploaded to the latest entire CPG (renamed cpg1411).

I then download, the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411".   

1. Creating New Gallery.

If I wish to prepare another new gallery, I upload the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411" and do an install,  the after the install, I execute the update process.  [Until cpg1.4.9, this has worked, for new install. For cpg1410, the process works.]

2. Update an Old Gallery.

I create a   "for update" version of the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411", let us call this simply as  "for update" version.  To prepare this, I remove the appropriate files or directories  (e.g., install.php, albums, and specific files in the include directory as noted in the "update" instructions). 

This  "for update" version of the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411" is then uploaded into the directory of the older cpg  that needs update. Then  update.php is done.

I hope both the Update process in 1 and 2 are OK.  It saves me a lot of time by doing a 'single loading of the "integrated CPG1411-Stramm-mod1411'."

Thanks.

Cornelio
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 07:12:50 am by Stramm »

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Integrated CPG-Stramm
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:48:40 am »

yes, both methods work

You can copy the contents of the modpack archive into the original CPG replacing the existing files.
Install: As usual but after finished the install you need to run update.php
Upgrade: As usual and run update.php after the upgrade process

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Integrated CPG-Stramm
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 11:37:19 pm »

Thanks Stramm,

Now I have to do this again with v1.4.12

Cornelio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.