Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howto contact a user fron the display of one of its images ?  (Read 4714 times)

pdemeure

• Coppermine newbie

Hello,
I'd like that a visitor could send an email to the user who uploaded a photo.
I've tried to place the name of the uploader under the thumbnail, and a click on the name opens the user profile, but I don't see the user's email address in the  profile...
Could somebody provide help on this topic or lead me to a previous topic where that was discussed ?
Thanks
BR
Pierre

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Howto contact a user fron the display of one of its images ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:08:30 pm »

I doubt that your members would like to see their email addresses displayed publicly, where email harvesters could collect them easily. If you need a feature like the one you're requesting, you'll have to code it yourself. The only thing that comes to mind (although I have never tried it) is the buddy feature built into Stramm's modpack.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:27:36 pm »

What about a private message system (also build into the modpack). Users can decide if they get a notification email when a new PM arrives. PM links are next to the thumbs (if you enable pic poster names), above the intermediate images (added to classic, tentacle and oranje theme) and within the profile.
Advantage is, that you don't need to make user emails public and, as said, they can decide if they get emailed.

see sig for a demo

pdemeure

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 09:17:32 am »

Stramm & GauGau,
Thanks for the reply.
You're both true in the comments.
The modpack offered by Stramm should be the very well matched solution, however I don't use the classic, orange or tentacle themes...
Tentacle theme is fine too, but the menu buttons doesn't accept the foreigne words and stay in english... (and I'm french... and my users are french too)
If there is a way to turn around, or to use the modpack in another theme, Stramm could you tell me howto do ?
Thanks again,
Pierre

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 09:27:44 am »

If you use a pretty much standard theme (no much customized functions in theme.php), then the PM links will show up, you just need to copy some images to the images directory of the theme you're using. There are threads describing this. Also I've published the PS files of the tentacle theme. If I'm not wrong, then you'll find a french version on the french subboard.

Only if you use a heavily modified them it may not work out of the box. In that case the functions in theme.php need some additions. Install a test gallery and try...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.