Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: modify theme - extensively  (Read 2143 times)

ronh

• Coppermine newbie
modify theme - extensively
« on: July 04, 2007, 05:18:31 pm »

Hi all,
I have a need to EXTENSIVELY mod a theme. Essentially all I want left is simply the graphic layout - in this case a yellow background with a green border ( I know... yeuk) with space in it for a feature picture and the filmstrip ( which will of course provide the ability to modify the feature picture) under it. PLUS a back button. The page will be accesed from a standard htm file to which the back button will provide access.

Essentially what I need is to provide an htm file (outside of coppermine) with the ability to jump to a range of galleries ( each of which are created in coppermine) and be able to jump back to the original htm file.

My client does not like the normal coppermine gallery entry page!

Any ideas please?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: modify theme - extensively
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:15:27 pm »

Shouldn't be a problem: go ahead and change your theme as you see fit. This will require changes in the style sheet (easy) and removing some unwanted menus and features. Not sure though how a static HTML file could possibly contain dynamic code, but that's your issue then.
As suggested: go ahead and apply your changes. Judging from the fact that you're doing this for a customer leads me to thinking that you're a pro, so it should be extremely easy for you to read the docs and search the board and come up with a theme that does exactly what you're up to. If this is not the case, then don't post a generic "who will create a theme for me for free" thread, but individual questions (remember to respect the "one question per thread" policy that you agreed when signing up). Alternatively, hire someone to accomplish this for you (read the sticky thread on the paid support board first if you decide to hire someone).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.