Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I mask the username with another name?  (Read 2629 times)

juniorbilko

• Coppermine newbie
Can I mask the username with another name?
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:32:02 am »

Hi

Quite new to this board but ive come across quite a few problems which this board has helped me a lot, great board!

Anyway, my question is:

Can I mask the username with another name that will be defined in a custom field? This would be so that where ever the username normally shows it would actually show what ever is defined in a specific custom field.

I have searched the forums but couldnt find anything but if the answer is already out there I do apologise. The reason I want this is because I'm updating an art gallery to a cms(coppermine), www.artstu.co.uk/index.php, and some artists have the same name but obviously you cannot have the same username more than once or can you?  :) I want to be able to do this so artists with the same name can have this without having to call themselves Kruger01 for example even though their name is Kruger.

Thanks in advance for any help given,

Martin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can I mask the username with another name?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:47:46 am »

No pre-made mod available. You'd have to hack a lot of coppermine core files to accomplish what you're up to. Beyond the scope of what you can expect from "regular" support, sorry. If you need it, you'll have to code it.

juniorbilko

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 12:52:53 pm »

Thanks for gettng back to me so quick.

Shame theres no mod etc, but to be honest I didnt think there would be, it is a big task and one that no many people woudl really want or need.

I still think this is a good support forum :)

I guess I best get cracking on with this and see what I can do, I find a solution I will post back, where would be beat to post something like my proposal if I crack it!?

Thanks

Martin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 05:20:40 pm »

This very thread would be the perfect place for your contribution if you manage to come up with a hack that you could share. A moderator will then move this thread if applicable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.