Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MySQL 5.0.23 'hangs' due to Coppermine  (Read 2131 times)

Xandrios

• Coppermine newbie
MySQL 5.0.23 'hangs' due to Coppermine
« on: July 10, 2007, 02:04:21 pm »

Hello,

I have a Coppermine 1.4.3 (stable) install with 70,000 pics and recently upgraded to MySQL 5.0.23. This is where the trouble started. Every once in a while, randomely, mysql hangs while executing a coppermine query. Sometimes it is 1-2 times a week, but it has happened 1-2 times an hour as well.

At that time all subsequent queries get queued because the tables are locked. A 'show processlist;' shows that there always is one coppermine query in 'sending data' state when this happens. Example:
"Sending data | SELECT COUNT(*) from cpg_pictures WHERE approved = 'YES' AND aid IN (1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 | "
or:
"Sending data | SELECT `user_id`, `user_name`, `user_group`, `user_profile1` , `user_group_list` FROM `cpg_user |"

I have found that increasing the MySQL worker threads 'kinda' solves the problem. Not quite, because now MySQL uses 100% CPU on one core. But at least it (seems) not to hang anymore.
Are there any known issues with Coppermine and Mysql 5? I might be running an somewhat outdated version, however it is of the latest branch (1.4.x).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.