Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 0 Uploads Were Successful  (Read 3659 times)

jclingan

• Coppermine newbie
0 Uploads Were Successful
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:52:25 pm »

Hi All,

I'm trying to upload a couple of videos that are relatively big (about 6 MB) with no success.  I just get the message "0 files successfully uploaded."  Under the "Files and thumbnail settings" I have the upload limit at 163840 KB.  I have been able to upload very small MPG and SWF files, but the big ones won't work.  Using FTP, I have no file size limit.

I've searched the forum to see if I could resolve this without bugging you guys, but I did not find anything relative.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 01:16:46 am by Nibbler »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: 0 Uploads Were Successful
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 06:50:37 am »

Search the board, this question has been answered before. Also read the documentation, especially this part http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 02:23:07 pm »

You're probably running into client- or server-sided restrictions when using http uploads. Huge files should not be uploaded using http, but using your FTP app. You (as gallery admin) are suppossed to use FTP uploads plus batch-add anyway.

jclingan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:50:17 am »

Search the board, this question has been answered before. Also read the documentation, especially this part http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble .

Thanks for NOTHING Hein.  Your smartass answer was worthless.  I told you I searched the board, and I couldn't find anything.  The documentation you linked to was equally worthless, and didn't answer my question.  I searched hard and long, and all I've seen is a bunch of smartass answers leading the the same poor documentation.  It sounds like you guys are sick of answering the same questions over and over, so maybe you should improve your documentation and FAQS.  As for me, I'd rather PAY for software than to deal with this BS.

GauGau, your answer was more along the lines of what I was looking for, but still not very complete.  At least you weren't a smartass.  I was actually able to figure it out from there, but I think I'll break out the checkbook for a package that offers real support.

This COULD be a great pay-package, but you really need to improve your public relation skills.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 05:26:17 pm »

Seems to me it's worthless having such a aditute such as yours. The documentation is good and so are the FAQ's. If you want sugarcoated answers then don't expect them from me. When you signed up for this forum you agreed on reading the documentation. You have upload issues and so i pointed you to the part of the documentation where you can find the things you need to do to post the correct info for others to look at and maybe solve your problem. Otherwise we spend a lot of time posting questions to you again trying to find a solution.

jclingan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 12:54:48 am »

I don't need  a sugarcoated answer just a straight one.  I researched thoroughly and all I found was this same generic response.  If you've agreed to support the users here, maybe you should actually read the requests first, just as you have so many demands before 'god forbid' someone should waste a second of your precious time.  My time is precious too.

I agreed to read the documentation and I did.  Forgive me, but I'd rather not search through 15000 posts after getting no results from the search, so I asked a simple question.  Your reply was presumptuous, arrogant, and not the least bit helpful.

It doesn't matter anyway, I'm moving on to bigger and better things.  It's a shame, because this software could make you rich, but not with your attitude.  Good day sirs.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 01:19:28 am »

We are not here to make money.

Marking thread as closed.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 08:27:20 am »

The documentation you linked to was equally worthless, and didn't answer my question.  I searched hard and long, and all I've seen is a bunch of smartass answers leading the the same poor documentation.  It sounds like you guys are sick of answering the same questions over and over, so maybe you should improve your documentation and FAQS.
I'm not sad to see you little troll leave. Hein told you to read the docs, which you obviously failed to do thoroughly enough. The trouble-shooting section Hein refered to contains detailed instructions what you need to do if you ask for help on the support board. You blatantly failed to read them and even return here to insult a valuable and skilled supporter. As you chose to leave without reading, it's quite obvious that no documentation in this world would have helped if you don't read it. For others with similar questions, here's the part of the documentation that Hein has refered to, with the stuff that you chose to ignore highlighted in bold:
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.