Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine + 1and1  (Read 2367 times)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Coppermine + 1and1
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:34:42 pm »

I've recently been trying to install coppermine for a friend on 1and1. I have done this previously and it has workd well but after a long email run around and a number of phone calls to their support I got the following response.

"Dear Phill Luckhurst

Thank you for contacting us.

This seems to be an issue with the php upload script you have created.
The speed for uploading through this will be slower then just uploading through FTP. The normal limit size for things uploaded through phpupload (on our servers) is 2mb. Anything over this, we cannot guarantee will work and can provide no support for this. I would recommend if you need to upload a larger file, to use FTP instead. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Sincerely,
Nick Whelan
Technical Support
1&1 Internet"

I was having a lot of trouble when uploading images over 2m. I tried a custom php.ini at their suggestion before 3rd level support got back to me with the above response. It seems all of their new servers/contracts will have this limit imposed.

The service works well with smaller files and to save space, bandwidth and upload time it is always best to reduce the size of your images, but if you do need the ability to upload larger files it may be worth checking with 1and1 before you sign up or go for their free trial and test for yourself.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine + 1and1
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 08:58:06 am »

Uploading larger files using http uploads is not recommended. You (as Coppermine admin) should use FTP uploads plus batch-add. Not sure what else to recommend nor what the actual question is.
Not related to initial install, but uploads. Moving accordingly. Take a look at the sticky threads to find out more about server-sided restrictions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.