Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MySQL Database link  (Read 4945 times)

ajl2chat2u

• Coppermine newbie
MySQL Database link
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:50:45 am »

I somehow had a problem with logging in as admin. I did a re-install of ver 1.4 and I think I lost all the data in the database in the process. Would that be the case, if not, how to I correct this as no images are now in the album reflecting.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 10:06:47 pm by Sami »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: MySQL Database link
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:13:46 am »

You shouldn't re-install CPG at first place !

- Check your mysql server if you have your old db or not
- If you don't have your old db then you should use your backup (if you don't have backup you are lost! you should re-upload all pics again)
- If you have your old db
  • First you should change your old admin account's password, use phpmyadmin or similar mysql utility and open xxx_users table of old db , find the user that has 1 for user_id (this user is admin) and change it's password to 21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 this will set the password to admin
  • Now change {gallery-root}\include\config.inc.php file and put your old db infos there

‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

ajl2chat2u

• Coppermine newbie
Re: MySQL Database link
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:09:46 pm »

Thanks a lot!

Old db was still there, just had to tweak the config file to point to the correct db and tables.

All cool now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.