Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thumbs all pixelated  (Read 4338 times)

LuthienMoss

thumbs all pixelated
« on: June 27, 2007, 10:43:51 pm »

I was trying to add some files to the gallery, but my thumbs get awfully "pixelated" - see http://insomnia.crystalline-reflection.net/thumbnails.php?album=12 here ... It looks horrible but I've no idea why!

I'd really appreciate some support, please :)

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: thumbs all pixelated
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 04:19:23 am »

Using gif images won't give you best results as gif uses max 256 colors. Automated gif creation (from already compressed gif images) also doesn't help the quality

Use jpg as source instead; make sure the image library you use is set to ImageMagick or GD2 in coppermine config (depends on the installed one)

LuthienMoss

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 01:04:31 pm »

Ahh, so it's because of the GIFs!

Use jpg as source instead; make sure the image library you use is set to ImageMagick or GD2 in coppermine config (depends on the installed one)
OK, I'm not sure i understand. You'll have to explain to me as if you're speaking to a stupid 2-year-old.

Should I make my original icons JPG?

Or can I still use GIF icons, but make some changes so that the thumbs are made JPG?

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 04:16:27 pm »

Gif may result in bad quality thumbs, so I recommend to use jpg
If that still gives bad quality thumbs, check the image library you're using (coppermine config setting)
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_picture_thumb_advanced
Method for resizing images -> this usually should be set to GD2, not GD

LuthienMoss

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 12:48:42 am »

I checked and it was set to GD2.

I always make my icons in GIF and I rather keep it that way. I guess I can live with pixelated thumbs :/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.