Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Images not showing  (Read 10236 times)

Jenmarie

• Coppermine newbie
Images not showing
« on: June 26, 2007, 11:04:09 pm »

This is our gallery:
http://www.crossroads-youth.com/gallery

I've never had problems with it until recently. After I click the "Batch Add Files" option, selecting the Directory and confirming the files that are in it, I get the page where it says "List of New Files". The list of the new file names are all there , except there's one problem...the images show up as "x's". I've deleted the folder and everything in it, and re-uploaded it again. Still, the same thing happened. I even tried a different name for the directory, and it doesn't work. How do I get the images to show up?

Thanks for your help.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Images not showing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 06:37:28 am »

How many images do you have on that folder ?
Post a direct link to one of those images
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Jenmarie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 08:18:26 am »

Ok. So, now I know that the images themselves work, but the thumbnails don't show.

Here is a link to one of the images:
http://www.crossroads-youth.com/gallery/displayimage.php?fullsize=1&picfile=may20%2F2007_0520may200003.JPG

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 09:10:09 am »

I was asking for :
- How many pictures do you have on particular folder (the one you are trying batch add)
- post a direct link (something like :http://www.crossroads-youth.com/gallery/albums/my_batch_add_folder/one_of_pics.jpg) to one of picture inside that folder

Jenmarie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 11:31:04 pm »

There are 33 images.

And another direct link:
http://www.crossroads-youth.com/gallery/albums/may20/2007_0520may200003.JPG

If I go through with the processing of the "Batch Add Files", and click "Edit files", it says "No Image to Display" because there are no thumbnails.

mrejas

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 01:25:29 am »

jeanmarie you an your friends are really beautiful, well i suggest that do  all the process again, create a new folder with the 33 photos, well you have to add permissions 777 to the folder an to the photos, so you don't have problems, do that and post again for the results that you have, well i can't enter to your gallery it says me that i have no permissions, i want to se which is really your problem, well post any problem you have (sorry my english but i'm from chile and i speak in spanish jjajajjaja)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 06:44:56 am »

Try to chmod folder (may20) to 777 or 755 (it's depend on you server so try both of them) by using you FTP Client

Jenmarie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 08:00:13 am »

Thank you. I will try this and let you know of the results.

Jenmarie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 04:55:26 am »

Unfortunately, nothing happened.

The images themselves are there, but the thumbnails are all blank.

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 05:00:11 am »

phyllismc

• Coppermine novice
    • Heath Ledger Heathens
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 12:20:25 pm »

Oh my Jenmarie!  I'm having the same problem!!!  Except not only do the thumbs show up as x's, but it won't upload them into albums, either.  Although it sees the names are there.  I've also done the same thing. . . deleted them and started again. 

I've used coppermine over 2 years, and these are images that I have had previously in an older coppermine version; it just seems that I can't get them to work with the 1.4.12.  I do hope someone can find an answer soon, bc I'm tearing my hair out.   :-\   LOL

mari

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 01:06:53 pm »

I have found that you get this problem if you put capital letters in the file name of the images you are uploading. Also, if you use Upload File option, you need to fill every field, or it will not work.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 03:51:15 pm »

The reasons may differ, only the results/smyptoms are the same. That's why it's not a bright idea to try to hijack this thread.

@phyllismc: please stay out of this thread. You already have a thread of your own - stick to it and do as suggested there instead of cross-posting your issues all over the place.

@Jenmarie: please ignore all well-meant, but irrelevant suggestions made in this thread by phyllismc and mari. Instead: do exactly as Nibbler suggested.

Jenmarie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 09:04:54 pm »

Thank you, I will see if it works and get back to you as soon as I can.

Jenmarie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 11:50:59 pm »

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out how to do a normal ftp upload.

Would it be possible for me to send you my login info to your gallery so that you can see the problem?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 07:13:58 am »

You don't need FTP uploads. You're suppossed to do exactly as Nibbler suggested. Let me quote the corresponding section of the docs that Nibbler has refered to, highlighting the important stuff (the stuff you apparently failed to read):
Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
There is nothing about FTP uploads in that particular section, so just do as suggested.

Jenmarie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 09:41:16 pm »

Apparently Nibbler gave me the wrong anchor link, because what you posted was NOT what he directed me to read at all.

I did everything it said. The thumbnails still do not show. Again, it's not an uploading problem, it's a thumbnail problem.

Here's what I did. Even though the thumbnails weren't showing in "Batch Add Files", I went ahead and proceeded with the upload. The thumbnails were still red "x's". I clicked them and received this message: "Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image."

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 06:54:11 am »

Apparently Nibbler gave me the wrong anchor link, because what you posted was NOT what he directed me to read at all.
The link Nibbler posted leads to the section I refered to exactly.

I did everything it said.
Oh yes, really? Where's the test user account?
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account
Code: [Select]
$karma-- ;

Jenmarie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 03:16:00 am »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 09:02:41 am »

The test user account you posted doesn't have upload privileges and is therefor worthless.
You're suppossed to do exactly as Nibbler suggested.
Does the word "exactly" mean anything to you ::)?
Just as a reminder:
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well.
I'm not going to beg to let me support you, I have had enough: I'm not in the mood to waste my time with someone who doesn't respect the time of supporters, so I'm out of this thread. Bye.

Joachim

P.S. You're running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.12. Upgrading is mandatory in terms of security.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.