Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on with Coppermine?  (Read 9481 times)

DustyNine

• Coppermine newbie
What's going on with Coppermine?
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:15:41 pm »

For lack of any general discussion area, I'm forced to post this topic under feature requests.

Basically just wondering what's going on with Coppermine? I realize this isn't a project funded by a big company or anything like that, I'm just curious when a new version might be available. It's been months since anything has been officially announced or released, and the only other updates were about the logo.

Cheers!

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: What's going on with Coppermine?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 07:32:05 pm »

For lack of any general discussion area, I'm forced to post this topic under feature requests.

Actually we have General discussion (no support!) board , how did you missed that ! it's only two block above this one (Feature requests)  ::)

Moving ...
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 07:38:57 pm »

It's been months since anything has been officially announced or released, and the only other updates were about the logo.

Cheers!

You could also say that because there has not been any official announcements or updates releases that this is actually a pretty stable product. Most of the time when a update is announced to any program or website it's because a flaw or bug was discovered. The Dev team are working on version 1.5 and it just does not make sense to post updates etc because 1.5 will be a whole new version. When it will be ready ? Who know, it's done in their spare time and without pay. Patience is key here  ;)

DustyNine

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 08:00:41 pm »

Actually we have General discussion (no support!) board , how did you missed that !

It's actually locked right now - since April apparently. Couldn't find anything appropriate to post in on that board.

And you're right about 1.4, it's a solid system - it's just lacking in key areas and it sounds like a lot of the things I'm waiting for are built into 1.5. I've gone the route of add-ons and hacks, but they don't address everything and there are enough flaws in those additions that it can be difficult. As well, Google loves my site, but hates Coppermine (at least the way it's setup on my site), so I'm anticipating SEO on the new version.

Anyway, great job guys, just anxious for more.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.