Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some problems after upgrading from 1.3 -> 1.4.10  (Read 4242 times)

recman

• Coppermine novice
Some problems after upgrading from 1.3 -> 1.4.10
« on: June 19, 2007, 08:49:09 am »

I have just upgraded a gallery from version 1.3 to 1.4.10

I have read the documention about upgrading and fixed with my custom theme.
Some issues still remain:

1. In the albumnames, comments and imagedescriptions the swedish letters å, ä & ö is no longer visible, instead there is
strange signs like ?, Ų and 䬪. See for your self: http://www.vanersborgrugby.se/coppermine/index.php
In the language settings I have set language to Swedish and character encoding to "Unicode (recomended) (utf-8).

2. Before the upgrade the albums was sorted so the newest album was first in the list, now I cant seem to make that happen, why?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:18:24 am by Sami »

recman

• Coppermine novice
Re: Some problems after upgrading from 1.3 -> 1.4.1
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 08:51:58 am »

Oh, forgot, also before the upgrade, I had some customized links in the menu when a user was logged in should upload images. But since theme.php was replaced these links was gone. How should I have them back the easiest way?

recman

• Coppermine novice
Re: Some problems after upgrading from 1.3 -> 1.4.10
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:20:37 pm »

Ok, the response here wasnt what I had hoped for... :-\

Anyway, have now renamed all ablums that contained any swedish characters, so they are ok.
Also resaved the files in my theme and saved them in UTF-8-format, that solved some issues.

But still, the comments look funny. Instead of the swedish characters å, ä & ö I see squares.
Maybe there is some file that need to be saved in UTF-8-mode aswell? I just dont know
which one. Cant sit and resave them all...would take alot of time.

And also, the problem that the albums in the albumlist doesnt show as they used to: the
newest album first, at the top. No one knows??

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Some problems after upgrading from 1.3 -> 1.4.10
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:11:38 pm »

Supporters here help you for free. However not always someone is around. If you ask for help then give days for the answer. Your behaviour makes me reluctant to help you.

If you upgraded then your database probably still isn't encoded in utf-8. To change that run charsetmgr.php

When signing up you agreed on posting only one question per thread. Please keep that in mind.
You can change the global sort order in config. Clear cookies if it doesn't work... cause then you probably have set a custom order
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.