Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I cant select albums  (Read 4390 times)

coda514

• Coppermine newbie
I cant select albums
« on: November 23, 2009, 05:56:36 am »

I am new to Coppermine and may be asking a "stupid" question here. I have created several albums for various photo categories (b/w, abstract, floral, etc). When I upload a photo as a user I dont see any of the albums available to put the photos into. I want my users to be able to place their photos in the appropriate album for organizational purposes. Under the groups tab I have public album upload enabled. what am I missing here?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: I cant select albums
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:57:01 am »

You need to explicitely allow the user to upload to particular albums. As an admin, go to "album properties" by clicking on the properties button next to the thumbnail that represents an album. Set "visitors can upload files" to yes in that dialog.
You might have guessed it already: this is being covered in the docs and has been asked and answered a thousand times. We're not fond at all to be asked the same questions over. Your question shows you haven't even bothered to read the docs or to search the board before asking your question, which is someway rude and selfish. You haven't done as suggested per board rules although you agreed to respect them when signing up. Do so now!

coda514

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 04:29:30 pm »

Thanks for the prompt answer. I did in fact search the boards, perhaps I used the wrong criteria. I had no intention of being "rude" or "selfish". Sorry to have bothered you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:21:32 pm »

When I reminded you of board rules I actually wanted you to read them and do as suggested there. That would be very helpfull. Thanks.

coda514

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 03:51:11 am »

Rules read. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.