Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading Pictures using Batch-add files  (Read 3898 times)

mel123

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading Pictures using Batch-add files
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:09:10 pm »

I am having trouble uploading pictures using batch-add files. When I uploaded a zipped folder to ftp, i went back to my gallery and noticed the file there, however when I opened it, i could not tick off the pictures because it didnt give me the option therefore i could actually put the images into the album.. Can anyone help me please???

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Uploading Pictures using Batch-add files
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 08:18:34 pm »

Coppermine doesn't do the extracting for you.

If you do not want to batch add a zip file but the contents, then upload the images or unzip manually (shell).

mel123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 08:35:23 pm »

Thank you so much, but I am new at this, and if I wanted to batch-add files, how would I do so, if I want to add a cluster of images, I tried using a folder but that did not seem to work because then I simply had to select the images one by one...I am not sure how to go about doing this.

mel123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 11:48:33 pm »

hey, it's me once again. If I were to batch add files, how would i go about doing so from the very beginning because right now, i have tried everything i could think of to do so and it doesn't seem to work.. i know i must be pretty stupid! But if anyone can help, you'd do me a great favor!

mel123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 12:17:40 am »

Coppermine doesn't do the extracting for you.

If you do not want to batch add a zip file but the contents, then upload the images or unzip manually (shell).

Okay, so I uploaded my images to ftp then put them in a folder but when i go to batch-add-files at my gallery, the same thing happens. I can't tick any of them in order to place them into my album. I am really beginning to get confused??!!! :-\ :(

mel123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 12:38:51 am »

Oh my gosh, I know I am posting so much but so many problems are arising! okay well I finally got to upload my folder with images and I see where I can tick off all of the pictures so I do that and select the album, but under the drop down menu of albums this is what it says:

Warning: the script can't write in this directory, you need to change its mode to 755 or 777 before trying to add the files !

So I changed the mode to 777 but what is stated above is still there. So I simply ignore it and I  press the button that says: Insert selected files.

When I do this, I get a page with all the information and at the end, where it says Results, there are a bunch of broken links. At the bottom it states that If the OK, DP, PB 'signs' do not appear click on the broken file to see any error message produced by PHP

So I do what they say and this is what it says when I click the broken links:

Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

I really do not know what to do now! Can someone please help because I am really having trouble!!  ??? :(

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 10:19:31 am »

OK, lets get this sorted.
First of all, have you read the documentation (how to install and the part about batch adding files). If not, then do so now.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#permissions
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#uploading

If these instructions don't help you any further, then follow the next link and do as suggested. It helps us to get all necessary information and then we're able to help you.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

mel123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 07:02:55 pm »

I followed all the instructions and somehow, it still seems not to work!

So I used the HTTP upload section and this is what pops up:

Failed to create directory albums/userpics/10001 !

File: /www/yeahost.com/v/vanessafanonline.yeahost.com/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 318

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 08:29:02 pm »

Please follow the upload troubleshooting section of the documentation as already said above

If you want me to stop trying to help you, just say so. Then I tell you something about 'safe mode' restrictions and again I refer to the documentation.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.