Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload produces 404 error  (Read 9155 times)

akyhne

• Coppermine novice
Re: Upload produces 404 error
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 02:54:46 pm »

Look at http://www.racingcar.dk/galleri/albums/userpics/10002/ after you upload an image. I deleted the index.hml file and granted permission to watch the files in the folder.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 11:27:21 am »

Everything works as expected for me, see http://www.racingcar.dk/galleri/displayimage.php?pos=-18
If it doesn't work for larger files, increase the limitations imposed in php.ini as suggested above. Not related to coppermine nor to issues with db records not being taken into account.

akyhne

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 01:09:58 am »

The image you uploadet is far smaller than the size of the images I have trouble with. Please tell me why the images I upload aparently first are uploadet to /albums/edit, and then afterwards are moved to the current userfolder - in this case /albums/userpics/10002, but never are written into the database. That - along with the blank screen - is what I am dealing with. It's even possible for me to upload an 2592*1944px image 1,72Mb in filesize and 15Mb in memorysize, without trouble. The data for the image though, is not written to the database.

Now I have once in another situation, made my own script for uploading and resizing images on the same server. In that situation, I had no trouble with an 1024 by 768 Image.

If i had the possability to increase memorysize on the current server, I would have done it long time ago. But that is into my serviceprovidors hands - and my wallet. They offer an increased Memory_limit from 8Mb to 16Mb, but I am not willing to pay for this as long as Coppermine is not working O.K. And in my world, it is not working, if it can't tell me that the memorylimit is too small, or why it can't move/resize the files. I consider it a bug when it presents a blank html-formated page to me.

I have two troubles:
  • A blank page for images over 890*XXX, 115Kb filesize (1,7Mb memorysize)
  • Upload is O.K., but nothing is written to the MySql database

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 06:48:45 am »

Getting a blank screen means that the server runs into a timeout while resizing the pic (to intermediate image size and thumbnail). Subsequently, the script halts and no database record is being written. There nothing within Coppermine that you can do to circumvent this. You have two options: either allow smaller files uploads and resize the pics on your client before uploading them or increase the server-sided restrictions (editing php.ini if you're allowed to do so). To find out what server-sided settings are being taken into account, read the sticky thread on this sub-board.

akyhne

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 11:46:20 pm »

Aparently, I'm not explaining myself good enough. The files are uploadet, moved to userfolder, and saved correctly. I'm getting a blank page, and nothing is written to the database.

And we are talking about a 115 kilobytes file. How can this be a problem!!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 09:02:59 am »

And we are talking about a 115 kilobytes file. How can this be a problem!!!
If the web server is set up like that! Once again: this is a matter of webserver setup. You can re-post here again and again, asking for your question to be answered. Yet the answer remains the same: we can't help you with this. Ask your webhost for support.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.