Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd Upgrade Status (Yellow) Report  (Read 4912 times)

steveski

• Coppermine novice
Odd Upgrade Status (Yellow) Report
« on: May 19, 2007, 07:50:06 pm »

I just upgraded from 1.4.8 to 1.4.10 without any problems, as usual.  I think our 5th upgrade.  Everything seems to work fine, but the version check has yellow version *errors* for almost every file.  I should probably not worry since everything is working, but I don't like it!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Odd Upgrade Status (Yellow) Report
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 01:30:24 pm »

Make sure that you have actually replaced all files as suggested in the docs. Make sure that your FTP client is set up to overwrite existing files. Post a link to your gallery.

steveski

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:17:22 am »

We host our own sites, so the files are directly copied and overwritten from source directory to the current install.  I also double checked the init.inc.php file to make sure it is from the 1.4.10 install - all is good.

direct link is http://www.noizemag.com/coppermine

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 02:40:38 am »

Did you click the help icon? I'm guessing it says 'The file on your webserver seems to be newer than your Coppermine version. You are either using a development file (you should only do so if you know what you are doing), or you have upgraded your Coppermine install and not uploaded include/init.inc.php'

Are you using an svn checkout or something?

steveski

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 06:17:44 pm »

I downloaded the current version (I don't recall seeing a Dev version, but wouldn't have chosen it anyhow....though that doesn't eliminate clicking in error, I will double check).  /include/init.inc.php is correct, copied along with all the other 1.4.10 files for the update.  As I mentioned above, this is around the 5th upgrade for us - and I didn't do anything different than all the previous.  Barring accidentally downloading something other than 1.4.10, it is confusing.  I looked at a few of the new files, and the version is indeed 1.4.10 in the headers.  Not using any source control, I just shutdown the webserver and copy the new files from a temp directory to the running/installed directories.

lriggs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 10:29:39 pm »

Nibbler,
I did a manual upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.4.10.  I ran versioncheck.php after the upgrade.  Only two files were flagged yellow:  config.inc.php (obviously) and install.php.  For both, I got the help message you mentioned:  "The file on your webserver seems to be newer than your Coppermine version. You are either using a development file (you should only do so if you know what you are doing), or you have upgraded your Coppermine install and not uploaded include/init.inc.php".

I verified that the init.inc.php file is the upgrade version, and that I did upload it. The include/config.inc.php file isn't supposed to be upgraded, and I am guessing that the install.php file could be deleted from the server since the original install was successful, correct? Can I safely ignore the flag on the include/config.inc.php file?

I am able to login to the Coppermine Gallery (it was installed into a subdirectory of the site), and everything looks just fine. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 09:52:51 am »

@Iriggs: having those two files flagged as outdated is OK. You should be fine. In the future, don't hijack threads that deal with something different though, but start a thread of your own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.