Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine & Typo3  (Read 18529 times)

edei

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine & Typo3
« on: March 10, 2004, 05:21:46 pm »

hi there!

is there any solution for running coppermine with typo3?

regards

edei

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Coppermine & Typo3
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 07:25:47 am »

I agree that a typo3 port would be great (as I use Typo3 on some websites), but I'm not familiar enough Typo3 to actually do the port.
So the answer is: currently, this is not available.

GauGau

jack

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Coppermine & Typo3
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 05:04:18 pm »

I've just started playing with Typo3 and love it - so you can expect to see some form of integration in the future.
Please do not contact me for support directly - instead: post on this board!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 05:59:27 pm »

hooray, I'm looking forward to this. I run various Typo3-powered sites (both great and small), the biggest one being my employer's intranet. If you need a playground for testing etc. , let me know.

GauGau

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 05:59:33 pm »

Would have loved to try Typo3 but the repeated insistance of IE5+ in the feature list is a real put off for me.... so putting it off for a while
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 06:44:47 pm »

You don't need IE as a prerequisite - it's just needed if you want to use IE's built-in RichTextEditor. You can try Typo3 without IE - works fine with any browser.

GauGau

jack

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 07:25:52 pm »

There's only a couple of minor niggles with it on FireFox under Linux, and you can get a replacement RTE that works fine :)
If something requires Windows,  I can't run it ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 09:01:39 am »

jack

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 11:37:44 am »

There's deininately one base on 'HTMLArea2' (or is it 3, can't remember) that certainly runs on FireFox in Linux. If I were at home, I'd give you some screenshots to prove it ;)

lord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 02:13:00 pm »

I really agree with you jack...
I use typo3 too and everything is find except a good gallery is missed!!!

I prefer from all gallerys the coppermine gallery and im really nervous getting the first beta Version of an integration
to Typo3.

Hooray for the Typo3 Coppermin Port!!!  :P

DefenceTalk.com

• http://www.defencetalk.com
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 09:35:50 pm »

I installed typo3 on local PC and i think its great CMS!!! I am also thinking about revamping defencetalk.com and have all sections run on typo3. If CPG port is created, it will be another step towards that intgration.

I wonder if there is phpbb port for typo3?
(http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/signature_cpg.php)

lord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 11:05:47 pm »

Oh yes theres a phpbb HACK and just a HACK availiable for typo3 but you shouldn´t install it!!!

It´s really bad integrated into typo3 it just uses the fe_user login name... and you CANT do updates or patches
to phpbb and it the extension is not being updated since it was released...

But zach davis has done another great forum extension for typo full integrated into the backend of typo3.

ATM i use the lz_gallery for my test installation but it will never beat the coppermine gallery :) the features are really great!

So if the dev team will decide to make a port for typo3 i really would like to be a beta tester! :)

Have a nice day, and help us keep this topic up ;)

bye

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 11:51:27 pm »

We don't do ports.  It takes all of our time to improve Coppermine and further development.  The great thing about open-source is anyone is welcome to take our app and create a port for your bbs.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

jack

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2004, 12:18:29 am »

Writing a Typo3 extension to link Coppermine with T3 is on my list of things to do, but as it comes some way after 'learn how to write Typo3 extensions', don't hold your breath.

quicknik

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 04:26:06 pm »

I think the most passable way  of integrating coppermine into typo3 would be
to keep all the picture/gallary/album/managment stuff at the coppermine-side
and only port the frontendpart.
This could be easily done by writing a typo3 plugin, which directly accesses the
coppermine datastructur (DB/filesystem).
This frontendplugin could operate in different modes(e.g. list/displayimag/displayalbum) using serveral parameters (e.g albumid/picid)
to reproduce the Coppermine functionality.
Together with HTLM templates or TemplaVoila TO/DS this would imho fit most needs.
What do you think?

The only way of real fullintegrationen (meaning frontend/backend) without having redundant code would be
to provide some sort of shared libary containig coppermine-routines.
Creating such a libary would of course really speed up and simplify integrating coppermine into other projects...so
it's possibly worth thinking about.

Regards,
                Nikolas

« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 12:41:37 pm by quicknik »

uk_martin

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 09:39:50 pm »

Hi

This seems like an old thread, but the question is still the same, about integrating Coppermine with TYPO3

It seems that there is an ability in TYPO3 to integrate with phpBB3, which Coppermine can also integrate with. Will it be reasonable to hope then that all 3 packages will now be able to share the same tables of the database for login purposes?

I'm pretty keen to try TYPO3 but only if I don't lose the integration facility.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 07:30:22 am »

The ability of coppermine to be integrated with other apps is what we call "Bridging". This is something that happens in terms of logically tying two apps together, as coppermine drops the user management and authentification it comes with in favor of the user management of the app it is being bridged with. Bridging does not take care of visually integrating stuff. But that's the main problem: if coppermine was made a genuine typo3 extension, you'd need to find a way to wrap coppermine's output into the output of a typo3-driven page. Additionally, all the GET and POST data would have to make it through the wrapping Typo3-environment into coppermine. Lastly, coppermine relies on cookies, which is something that needs to be done before any output is being generated, which again makes it hard to come up with a way to wrap coppermine into typo3.
I'm a Typo3-afficionado as well (I'm using Typo3 on several sites that I'm in charge of), so you can believe me that I have thought about this issue more than once. I couldn't find an easy way without re-writing most of coppermine's code (a complete port), which is far beyond what I'm ready to do, as it would make upgrading the coppermine component within typo3 an incredibly tedious job.
This being said: it would be comparatively easy to turn the bridging component of coppermine into a typo3 extension, but it's incredibly hard to accomplish this for the visual integration of coppermine into typo3.
I don't say that it would be impossible, but it certainly is something that won't be done by the coppermine devs. If an interessted third party wants to do that job, I'm all ears. But as far as the current coppermine dev team is concerned, I wouldn't expect this to be done any time soon.

Joachim

uk_martin

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 01:05:25 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Nothing is simple is it?

On my site, I currently have Coppermine and phpBB2 working side by side, with themes / templates made to make the two applications look like they are integrated. My "CMS" is currently a MOD to phpBB2 and that MOD no longer has an equivelent in phpBB3, which I want to "upgrade" to. for this reason, I need a new CMS (Typo3) but I don't want to either lose single log-on functionality nor do I want to lose Coppermine.

I've been looking at the www.single-signon.com site, when a thought crossed my mind.

As Coppermine can be bridged with phpBB3...AND...using SSO, Typo3 can share a common log-on with phpBB3, is it possible that Typo3 will "inherit" a (bridged) Coppermine log-on into the bargain if all three applications were installed with the intention of working together? As I said, I'd rather not lose oppermine in favour of 4homepages/4images gallery which SSO does integrate with.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 08:23:24 am »

Like I said earlier: there currently is no integration nor a wrapper nor a bridge between Typo3 and Coppermine. Short answer: no. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.