Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How big is your gallery  (Read 2818 times)

madhatt

• Coppermine novice
How big is your gallery
« on: June 10, 2007, 02:11:08 pm »

Hello all,

I am wondering how big gallerys are out there.  I have been having issues with slow speeds viewing my site lately and I want to insure I don't have too many pics for my hosting companys server to handle, "because of pulling random images from gallery with cpmfetch"

my gallery seems very small to me but I plan to be adding around 1000+ pics per year and want to ensure Coppermine will work for years to come.

My gallery has 3600 pictures in it right now.
http://www.madhatt.com/gallery
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:51:05 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How big is your gallery
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 05:47:50 pm »

Review the thread "Share your galleries" (from newest to oldest posting) that contains 600+ links to coppermine-driven galleries to get an idea of bigger and smaller galleries. Coppermine itself doesn't have a limitation on the number of images that can exist in the database, but your webserver may have limitations. A huge number of random pics may cause the server to slow down.
Not related to Coppermine though, but to individual server setup and traffic of your site. Same thing applies to cpmFetch: it's not a core component and entirely depends on what you do with it and how much traffic you get.

A gallery with 10k pics or less is what I would consider as a small to medium gallery. There are coppermine-driven galleries with 100k pics and above.

Not related, but important: you're running cpg1.4.6, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.10. It's absolutely mandatory to upgrade asap!

madhatt

• Coppermine novice
Re: How big is your gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 12:25:07 am »

Thanks for the tip!

I've updated my gallery, thanks for the awsome photo gallery too!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.