Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bridged CPG/SMF forum--email/personal albums trouble  (Read 6140 times)

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
bridged CPG/SMF forum--email/personal albums trouble
« on: June 10, 2007, 12:08:28 am »

I ran your modpack and it worked beautifully. The  thing that sent me into a panic was that  suddenly I had no upload image link...went thru the config/groups to find that when installing the modpak/running update.php/update database it saw fit to change the permissiona set to the gallery. I only mention this for another newbie to see where to check and fix so that comments show (regardless of having them set in config) and getting the upload image link back. Once I reset permissions that part is fine.

Added the login form coding to the template files for the themes I use so that part is good too.

I am perplesed tho since no matter what I still do not get the email notifications to show. I went to my own image--clicked the subscription link--then refreshed the page--commented on the image--clicked OK, the comment was recorded and shows but no notification....did I miss something?

The other "problem", no error is shown, in the personal albums...they are off. They appear (registered members only gallery) but the name of the owner that is showing on the page is not the owner....when you click the image you see the owners name and the images....they are all off in that manner.

my gallery I deleted so that I could see if that was the culprit but did not help any. The albums are still misnamed...what can I do to fix that.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: bridged CPG/SMF forum--email/personal albums trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 07:01:48 am »

You do not need to change the smf standard font size. I'm not blind and do not need that help but consider that as yelling at me.

I ran your modpack and it worked beautifully. The  thing that sent me into a panic was that  suddenly I had no upload image link...went thru the config/groups to find that when installing the modpak/running update.php/update database it saw fit to change the permissiona set to the gallery. I only mention this for another newbie to see where to check and fix so that comments show (regardless of having them set in config) and getting the upload image link back. Once I reset permissions that part is fine.

This is covered in the docs (bridging) and a standard coppermine may behave like this (5.3.3 Synchronising the bbs groups with Coppermine's groups). Means you need to edit the group permissions after running the bridge manager. So your remarks aren't modpack related.

Added the login form coding to the template files for the themes I use so that part is good too.
You can use the themes that come with the modpack but you also can decide to use your own custom ones. If you by accident have overwritten yours with one of the modpack ready ones, then undo that with your backup files (from the backup set you've create defore installing the modpack as I've written in the install docs).

I am perplesed tho since no matter what I still do not get the email notifications to show. I went to my own image--clicked the subscription link--then refreshed the page--commented on the image--clicked OK, the comment was recorded and shows but no notification....did I miss something?
Has been asked in this very subboard of the coppermine support forum. Please search and download the fix.

The other "problem", no error is shown, in the personal albums...they are off. They appear (registered members only gallery) but the name of the owner that is showing on the page is not the owner....when you click the image you see the owners name and the images....they are all off in that manner.
Happens when you bridge an existing forum with an existing CPG (both with members before you run the bridge manager). That is covered in the docs as well. Reread the entire integhration part. This is also not related to the modpack but expected behaviour if you drop the coppermine user database and use your forum's instead.

my gallery I deleted so that I could see if that was the culprit but did not help any. The albums are still misnamed...what can I do to fix that.
Without a link to your gallery it's always difficult to help or, if there are problems that need looking into, it's not just difficult but impossible to help. If you talk about a "problem", with no error shown then what do you expect! Most I can answer you is guessing but not debugging.

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 01:01:55 am »

You do not need to change the smf standard font size. I'm not blind and do not need that help but consider that as yelling at me.

First off and just for you----I won't change the size but honey there are some of us that have a hard time reading the default size (with or without glasses) and the light backgrounds do not help our eyes either...that is the only reason I make the size bigger, not to insult or anger whomsoever reads it.

Has been asked in this very subboard of the coppermine support forum. Please search and download the fix. Happens when you bridge an existing forum with an existing CPG (both with members before you run the bridge manager). That is covered in the docs as well. Reread the entire integhration part. This is also not related to the modpack but expected behaviour if you drop the coppermine user database and use your forum's instead.

OK, first let me ask a stupid question...these docs are thy in the modpack you zipped or elsewhere. I looked in the Coppermine Documentation link within the gallery. This is a list of the contents of the zip and I am really blind and see no docs:

admin.php
bridge
bridgemgr.php
buddy_manage.php
changeThumb.php
db_input.php
delete.php
displayimage.php
editOnePic.php
editpics.php
images
include
index.php
lang
modifyalb.php
pms_send.php
pms_smilies.php
pms.php
profile.php
searchnew.php
sql
subscribe.php
subscribtion_manage.php
themes
usermgr.php
util.php

The "fix" that I found was this one that held these two files : udb_base.inc.php -- db_input.php, is there another fix? I applied those files , ran the updater again and still no joy.

Without a link to your gallery it's always difficult to help or, if there are problems that need looking into, it's not just difficult but impossible to help. If you talk about a "problem", with no error shown then what do you expect! Most I can answer you is guessing but not debugging.

Yes I did forget the link for I stupidly forgot I was not in the same thread where they were provided earlier. I did search for a solution prior to asking my dumb questions...I got the link I am supposed to get for the email notifications for comments but that is as far as it goes. I did not have the trouble that  the other posters had with solutions I did find in the forum.

Like I said in my first two paragraphs I mentioned them ONLY for the newbies like me that are too dumb to know better. I am sorry that I did not find the answers before bothering you so if I have bothered you too much then my members can just live without the feature and I won't waste your valuable time anymore.

IF you should decide to go take a look then:

http://www.dreamslayerartworks.com/dungeon/gallery/index.php

I do have a test account to try it since you need to be registered in order to view anything there in our adult gallery. The manor will be happy with any input you can give, if willing, and so will the denizens.

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 01:06:26 am »

Well since I can't edit here is the info for the test account---very original:

tester
tester

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 08:28:36 am »

First off and just for you----I won't change the size but honey there are some of us that have a hard time reading the default size (with or without glasses) and the light backgrounds do not help our eyes either...that is the only reason I make the size bigger, not to insult or anger whomsoever reads it.

It's OK... but it won't help you much. All other text is small and what you've written in your selected font size after you posted it. Better use the browsers functions to increase font size (control + mouse wheel or view -> font size).

I've tested subscribtions and they worked for me. Created a new user for that and he got the message.

OK, first let me ask a stupid question...these docs are thy in the modpack you zipped or elsewhere.
The docs of the modpack are in the announcement thread (mods/ hacks board in this forum). But I refered you to the coppermine docs (the part about bridging) http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm

Also I've created a test album and saw that in personal albums in the album view a wrong user name is displayed (the user who registered before). Still I can't give you a hint atm what can cause this behaviour as I haven't changed stuff in the related functions. Also I've tested (again) this on my testbed (bridged with smf and unbridged). It's working as expected and I can't see a problem. Maybe ask on the general support board if someone has an idea.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 09:24:36 am »

That's complete bullsh** - those with impaired eyesight definitely can use client-sided techniques (as Stramm suggested) to increase the font-size and readability. Saying that you posted with increased font size for the sake of better readability is just a lame excuse - you wanted to make your posting stand out more than others, hoping that this lame trick made it more likely that someone would be looking into your issues. After being told that you're not suppossed to do that, it would have been enough to just stop using increased font size. Instead, you come up with some crude story about people with impaired eyesight. That's rude imo.
Calling people who you don't know personally "honey" is not what I'd expect to be nice - maybe because my first language is not English. This is not a dating chat, so please use moderate wording.

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 10:22:23 am »

That's complete bullsh** - those with impaired eyesight definitely can use client-sided techniques (as Stramm suggested) to increase the font-size and readability. Saying that you posted with increased font size for the sake of better readability is just a lame excuse - you wanted to make your posting stand out more than others, hoping that this lame trick made it more likely that someone would be looking into your issues. After being told that you're not suppossed to do that, it would have been enough to just stop using increased font size. Instead, you come up with some crude story about people with impaired eyesight. That's rude imo.
Calling people who you don't know personally "honey" is not what I'd expect to be nice - maybe because my first language is not English. This is not a dating chat, so please use moderate wording.

You are rude...I would not speak to members like that. I have trouble with light backgrounds and small type yes and I can not afford the type of keyboard or item you refer to and the aid that come with the computer makes them too big. It was not an excuse and is the truth.

Now I see that you may have thought it was dating chat but it is not...not being english as your mother tongue I see that...it is not considered bad to call someone that and I do it all the time.

I do not use lame tricks and do nt like being called a liar, which is what you just did and in any language that is rude and ill mannered. There fore if you can't be civil then just let Stramm answer my questions and you can stay out of it, he at least did not take offense.

Stramm: I actually got an email notification in NOT english, I do not know why but at least it works for now...I also do not know why our personal albums got misnamed but have learned that these forums of ours (not mine but I admin there) does strange things.

I will keep trying and may/may not bother either of you again but neither will I shut up about the treatment here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.