Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload Failure - './albums/edit/'  (Read 7032 times)

salexa

• Coppermine newbie
Upload Failure - './albums/edit/'
« on: June 07, 2007, 10:40:47 pm »

I have read several posts on this topic and can't seem to find the right solution with my site. I can uplaod pictures, I just can't add them to albums without getting the error above. I can see the album as I made it available to users (Travel->Cancun). I also made sure the three directories were CHMOD 777. The website is http://www.artisticpursuit.org. The test account you can use is username/password - helpme/helpmeout
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:46:51 pm by GauGau »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Upload Failure - './albums/edit/'
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:51:53 pm »

I don't see a "Powered by Coppermine" tag on your CPG. Did you remove it ? You are using the latest stable version but it is also mandatory to keep that line visible if you expect to recieve any support at all.

salexa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:46:34 pm »

No. I didn't remove it or install it for that matter. I paid someone to install it for me and integrate it with the website, which has not been launched yet. If you can tell me how to add it, I'll be glad to do it. That being said, do you have any idea how to fix my issue?

Thanks.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 01:46:05 am »

Talk to whoever installed it for you.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 07:30:42 am »

Let whoever installed it for you read this to better understand why the "Powered by" line should not be removed.
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#editCopyrights

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 09:27:48 am »

ACtual link to Coppermine-driven gallery is http://artisticpursuit.org/cpg/

salexa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 02:35:50 pm »

You guys should really change the name of this forum from support forum to the "we want to be rude to you forum". In every thread I read concerning this issue, someone had a rude comment to make to the issuer. I understand that people need to read/search support threads first, but even when people do this, there is still a tendency to be rude. I made it clear that the developer that integrated the software for me must have removed the "powered by" symbol. I didn't even know that it existed. I have tried to contact him and was just able to do so. I have asked him to add it back and am waiting his reply.

Nibbler, your comment added nothing to this thread.
Hein, I read the documentation and see that it should not have been removed. I believe I already stated that I would be glad to add it back if explained how to do it. I checked the style.css sheet and it wasn't commented out, it must have been removed completely. Hopefully the developer is the one that did it and not the designer, but I will check with them both. I let the developer know. If the designer did it, then I will let them know as well. They are not familiar with coppermine's copyright terms and may have been the one's that did it inadvertently.
GauGau, thank you for correcting the URL where I need help.

All, hopefully I will get the copyright issue resolved today and will update you on its progress. I am a firm believer in obeying and honoring copyright demands, especially for free software. I would hope that once this issue is resolved, we can all be courteous and helpful to one another, rather than be rude to another and respond with coy remarks.

salexa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 02:47:45 pm »

OK. I have found the correct file to modify it and have modified it. The "powered by" is now in bol letters in the footer of my gallery ;-) Now, I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance, and best regards.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 02:50:55 pm »

Hi Salexa

Didn't mean to come off rude but when i have to type a fast answer i tend not to sugarcoat  ;)

How exactly do you add pictures. Do you use FTP and then batch add (which is the prefered way for admins) or do you upload using cpg itself ?

I do see this now
Code: [Select]
Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/vhosts/artisticpursuit.org/httpdocs/plugins/wiki/phpfox_functions.php on line 123

salexa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 03:09:48 pm »

Thanks Hein. Another developer is trying to integrate some scripts into my platform. I will let you know when he is done as he is working on single sign-on and the ability to log in may be down for a little while. As for adding pictures,  I add pictures by uploading using CPG to ensure that the users have no issues with it.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 03:41:00 pm »

Ok fair enough to be checking it for the users. How large are the pictures that you are adding to the cpg ?
It might have something to do with them being to big. You can adjust the memory size limit in php.ini , you are the ones hosting your site.
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#cantUploadBigPics

salexa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 03:49:04 pm »

Right. I checked that as well. I have a dedicated server, so I was able to adjust the size limit some time ago (for videos). The file size is ony 645 kb, so that definitely is not the issue. The coppermine gallery limits were set at 2MB for users, but I had the same problem with an admin account (which has unlimited upload space), so size shouldn't be the issue.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 03:55:52 pm »

there are other (server) settings that may restrict uploads.

Read the upload troubleshooting section of the documentation and do as suggested
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

to learn more about server sided restrictions read the sticky thread of this subboard (you already should have looked into that one)
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24088.0

Nibbler

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 05:36:29 pm »

Sorry if I came across as rude, but there is no way to instruct you how to replace the footer without first knowing the way in which it was removed.

The error message you are seeing was added by me in order to prevent an issue caused by using the back button while in the process of uploading files. Make sure you do not use the back or refresh buttons while moving through the upload process. The relevant code is in upload.php

Code: [Select]
// prevent moving the edit directory...
if (is_dir($path_to_image)) cpg_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, $lang_upload_php['failure'] . " - '$path_to_image'", __FILE__, __LINE__, true);

It's not going to be something related to uploading, but rather something that causes Coppermine to lose track of what you are doing from one page to the next.

IMHO If this developer does not respect software licenses then you should not be working with them as it reflects badly on you.

salexa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 06:24:26 pm »

First, thanks everyone for your feedback. Hein, the site is up and running again. Stramm, I have checked all settings and they are equal to or over and above the minimums. Nibbler, I'm not using the backspace or reloading the pages, so I don't think that is the issue, although I know that others had that problem by reading other threads. Could it possibly be a syntax error. I tried enabling the debug mode, but still couldn't pinpoint the error. Interestingly enough, someone else tried to upload and had success, so it works intermittenlty now. I just tried it again and again it is not working.

Nibbler

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 07:55:27 pm »

Syntax errors will give you a 'syntax error' message so it can't be that. If it works for some and not others then it may be a browser/cache/cookies issue. This should be a temporary error message hence the brevity.

salexa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 09:55:36 pm »

Ok. I tried clearing the cache, cookies, history and everything else. i tried cosing the browser and reopening it as well. It just keeps giving the same error. This is very stressful  :-\

Nibbler

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 10:31:30 pm »

Works fine for me, so not sure what to suggest.

PS. black text on black background is not readable...

salexa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 03:21:14 pm »

Ok. I found the issue. The dimensions of the file I wanted to upload was too big. Strangely enough, there was no error message when the file was uploaded, only when the file was being assigned to the album. I guess the file size was the right size, but CPG stops the user from assigning it to a gallery if it doesn't meet the criteria established in the config section.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.