Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG1410 SMF 1.1.2 Buddy lists not working right  (Read 7015 times)

Blackdragon

• Coppermine newbie
CPG1410 SMF 1.1.2 Buddy lists not working right
« on: June 05, 2007, 07:13:17 am »

I installed cpg and bridged it to my smf install. Today I added in the mod pack per instructions, ran update, ran bridge manager again and so far here is the deal. Buddy lists show up in SMF profile views add and delete works in SMF but on CPG when i go to friends list I see 0 in all sections. They simply arent being seen by CPG
Im on the same DB with same usernames  Buddy list enabled obviously in both SMF and CPG
I cant post my site link its an adult oriented site but will be glad to PM it to someone if need be to have it looked at.
Everything was uploaded right, did it on 2 different installs and same problem on both.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: CPG1410 SMF 1.1.2 Buddy lists not working right
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 04:47:15 pm »

upload all fixes (see sig), start with the oldest

Blackdragon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:28:14 pm »

Ok just uploaded all fix packs, checked friend list shows 0  updated database checked friends list shows 0, ran bridge manager again checked friends list shows 0

Once again im on the same DB with same UID and password. Buddy manager just wont work for some odd reason. Maybe clean installs will fix it but I doubt it as this mod is the only one thats been added and the board is only 2 days old.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 06:59:03 am »

you can post links to adult oriented sites if you place a warning
useful would be if you enable debug mode too (and two testuser accounts)

Blackdragon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 09:41:43 pm »

Ok Stramm, Debug enabled

testuser1  (pass) testme
testuser2  (pass) testme

LInk to gallery - http://www.hardknox2.com/cmgallery/
I removed any objectionable content and left the non nude images in order to test

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 11:14:11 pm »

I see now what you mean, but that's not how the modpack buddylist works. It's an independent mod. Only working for CPG. You will see a 'add to friends' button in the CPG user profile if you make your theme fully modpack compatible.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=34905.msg163858#msg163858

Then you're able to add friends to your buddy list. Bridged it's a little bit confusing cause the memberlist function brings you to the forum profiles while the clickable usernames in CPG open the CPG profile.

Solution:
You can change some code so that the CPG buddy feature queries the SMF buddy table, no clue how cause I do not know SMF. Means you're on your own with that (and I think it's a good bunch of code to edit).
Or you disable either SMF or CPG buddy feature.
And I have no plans to change the actual behaviour. Cause it'll mean I have to do a lot of forum soft code analytics. And in the end it won't work as I wish. The programers go different ways and it'S hard to bring together all the different solutions. Have seen that already with PM (working pretty good) and avatars (a lot of restrictions, especially with SMF).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.