Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PhotoPost PHP to Coppermine  (Read 13931 times)

Karen36

• Coppermine newbie
PhotoPost PHP to Coppermine
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:30:45 pm »

I don't know if this can be done, but I would like to switch to Coppermine and need my existing PhotoPost gallery integrated or photos moved.  Not sure what the corrent terminalogy is, but you get the point.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 01:33:01 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: PhotoPost PHP to Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:46:53 pm »

Karen36

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 07:31:54 am »

Ok I will try this again.

I currently have Photopost PHP.  I paid  two people to upgrade the site for me and they both took off without doing anything, except one who screwed  it up so no one can upload.

I have found Coppermine more user friendly so I think I can actually maintain it myself (eventually).  I have installed Coppermine, but need someone who can integrate or at least move the current gallery to my new Coppermine site.  http://www.houseoffaux.com/gallery/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 08:29:30 am »

It's advisable to post the budget you're ready to spend, the time schedule you have in mind
::)

Karen36

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 02:15:50 pm »

If I went by that, it would be the $20 in my bank account, lol.  First I have no idea what people usually get for something like this and second, if it is more than I can afford I can try to raise the money.  Time schedule?  ASAP

Karen36

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 10:58:24 pm »

This is still open.  My hosting provider "lost" the database for my site, so I had to build a new one from scratch and the gallery is still intact as far as I can tell.  I am also with a new host, so should have no other issues. 

fshagan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 07:26:08 am »

I have a similar need, but can't spend more than $50 for a phpMySql script that would import the pics, usernames, etc. from Photopost to Coppermine.  Perhaps we can join forces if someone is willing to do it.

I know that Photopost has a conversion script for Coppermine to Photopost.  I have a strong dislike of the way they do business, dating from my purchase from them a few years ago, and won't upgrade the script because of it.  Coppermine is, IMHO, a much better solution.  But I do have a site with quite a few users who uploaded pics into Photopost.  I'd like to transition them over (my Photopost installation is still working).

Karen36

• Coppermine newbie
Done
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 01:24:59 am »

I did get help with this, thank you.

gsicard

• Coppermine newbie
    • Molosser Dogs
Re: Done
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 07:26:37 pm »

Hi Karen,
If you need any other help with Coppermine please let me know. By the way, were you able to get your photopost files and db imported.

Regards,
Gary
http://musthavepets.com
http://ovcharkadogs.com (coppermine site)
Gary
admin@molosserdogs.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 08:27:08 am »

I have a similar need
Start a thread of your own - stay out of this thread.

Thanks for resolving your thread. In the future, you may consider to credit the freelancer who did the job for you (in your case apparently gsicard did the job). It's an additional bonus for the freelancer if you mention his name and website here that doesn't cost you anything, but will help others to determine which freelancer has a good reputation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.