Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't see comments and such in usermode  (Read 3467 times)

elfprince13

• Coppermine newbie
can't see comments and such in usermode
« on: June 04, 2007, 07:35:06 am »

from my admin account on my Coppermine gallery (bridged to phpBB2) I can't see the comment, rating, e-card, or upload options from my admin account, but I know that people with normal accounts have been posting comments just fine. any ideas what the issue might be?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 06:11:35 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: can't see comments and such in usermode
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:19:49 am »

Don't go into usermode if you have no idea what it's suppossed to be used for. It does not show your gallery as your users see it. Stay in admin_mode at all times.
If you have further issues, read up the corresponding section of the docs. If you have bridging issues, do exactly as suggested in the sticky thread on this board!

elfprince13

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 04:44:30 pm »

I didn't say anything about going into usermode, nor did I do so. I'm haven't noticed any bridging issues, I mentioned the fact that it was bridged in case it was relevant or related to a known bug. finally, I'd prefer not to post a test account since this issue seems to be limited to admin accounts.

elfprince13

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 04:49:38 pm »

I didn't say anything about going into usermode, nor did I do so. I haven't noticed any bridging issues, I mentioned the fact that it was bridged in case it was relevant or related to a known bug. finally, I'd prefer not to post a test account since this issue seems to be limited to admin accounts.
crap, I can't edit on this board <_<

I'd prefer if you didn't make assumptions about possible noobiness without some direct evidence, tech support who make assumptions of that sort are one of my pet peeves. now, if we can get back the problem at hand, which is not related to bridging (or I haven't seen any reason to suspect it is yet), it's related to admin accounts on my gallery not being able to send e-cards, post comments or rate pictures, despite the normal accounts being able to do so (hence my original choice of sub-forum)

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 05:31:52 pm »

Does the admin group have permission to do these things (groups page) ?

elfprince13

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 05:39:45 pm »

ah, thank you, that did the trick, I was operating under the assumption that administrators (or at least the original user) would automatically have full permissions

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 08:01:01 am »

I didn't say anything about going into usermode, nor did I do so.
OK, then you didn't choose your subject wisely. Your thread is named "can't see comments and such in usermode", hence my assumption that your issues were related to going to usermode.

crap, I can't edit on this board <_<
Intended behaviour - we don't want users to be able to edit out their initial postings, rendering the replies look silly. We had issues with this in the past, that's why we disabled regular users to edit their own postings.

I'd prefer if you didn't make assumptions about possible noobiness without some direct evidence, tech support who make assumptions of that sort are one of my pet peeves.
I haven't done so. It was you who used the word "usermode" in your subject. Why are you so confrontational?

I was operating under the assumption that administrators (or at least the original user) would automatically have full permissions
Then it was you who made false assumptions.

ah, thank you, that did the trick
Marking thread accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.