Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using CPMFetch to create a dynamic background image for the logo?  (Read 3338 times)

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster

Hello,

I know how to display images already -- any size, anywhere in a simple PHP page that I create on my own.  [I do not know how to do it in a ".tpl" (Smarty page) or the usual scripted PHP that are usually part of a very complex program like TikiWiki (which uses both php for the scripting, and .tpl for the layout).]

Some people are helping me improve the look of our website.  And, one of the proposed "logo" section has a huge image that is used as a background of the logo (not the page). No matter how good the background image is for the logo, it becomes boring at some point and thus a  wasted prime space at the top. My question is this:

Is it possible to use the CPMFetch  to create a dynamic background for the logo?

What I meant by this would be a case where by the unmarked photos, taken from the CPG would then be placed in the logo section as the top as background="background image URL"

where the "background image URL" is then made dynamic (either chosen in random, or latest image added, etc. from a selected gallery) by the CPMFetch. 

Here the logo itself would be added as the usual {img src="URL of logo"} presentation of image in the logo section, at the top.

where {} are the usual "less than" and "greater than".  It would be a creative use of background images.

I hope this is something feasible.

Thanks.

Cornelio

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: Using CPMFetch to create a dynamic background image for the logo?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 02:23:25 am »

Hello,

I know how to display images already -- any size, anywhere in a simple PHP page that I create on my own.  [I do not know how to do it in a ".tpl" (Smarty page) or the usual scripted PHP that are usually part of a very complex program like TikiWiki (which uses both php for the scripting, and .tpl for the layout).]

Some people are helping me improve the look of our website.  And, one of the proposed "logo" section has a huge image that is used as a background of the logo (not the page). No matter how good the background image is for the logo, it becomes boring at some point and thus a  wasted prime space at the top. My question is this:

Is it possible to use the CPMFetch  to create a dynamic background for the logo?

What I meant by this would be a case where by the unmarked photos, taken from the CPG would then be placed in the logo section as the top as background="background image URL"

where the "background image URL" is then made dynamic (either chosen in random, or latest image added, etc. from a selected gallery) by the CPMFetch. 

Here the logo itself would be added as the usual {img src="URL of logo"} presentation of image in the logo section, at the top.

where {} are the usual "less than" and "greater than".  It would be a creative use of background images.

I hope this is something feasible.

Thanks.

Cornelio

I don't know your specifics, but its definately possible.

The banner of http://cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com is done dynamically.
Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.