Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blank screens showing up  (Read 2439 times)

hstiver

• Coppermine newbie
Blank screens showing up
« on: May 29, 2007, 03:42:35 pm »

I have three Coppermine Galleries on my site and I recently have been experiencing blank screens coming up with no error messages. Hitting reload usually brings up the correct screen. Users have let me know they have had the same problem. The only reference I could find in a search here, was that the MySQL database may not be allotted enough memory by the server, but this seemed in a different context.

A link to my site gallery follows (although it doesn't happen most of the time it is accessed)

http://ontfin.com/Birds/index.php

Any help is greatly appreciated, Harold

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Blank screens showing up
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:28:23 am »

Upgrade! You're using cpg1.4.8, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.10.

hstiver

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Blank screens showing up
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:55:04 pm »

Well, one of the three galleries is at cpg1.4.10 and it was experiencing the same problems, so it doesn't seem to be due to that. Frankly I've been to chickensh!t to upgrade, last time I did, I had to re-build the gallery, but you're right, I need to do so.

Anyway to update things, the problem seems to have ceased for the moment (a prayer of thanks to the computer gods). My server went out for for a few hours and so far, so good, since service returned. My host is Bluehost. If I have anymore info on it, I'll pass it on for anybody who might get the same problem.

And I'll work on getting up the courage to upgrade properly  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.