Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom theme "power_green01" - template error after upgrade  (Read 4860 times)

mad-wolfie

• Coppermine newbie
    • Electroniques - Web hosting

I'm getting the same problem.  not sure if i's a code error that i've done or because the template is set different to my version.

I've modifed an existing theme i found in the theme section & changed header, page widths & altered some of the CSS to match the rest of the site i'm building but not sure what's causing the problem.  If i uploaded a zip of the theme could someone help me out?

if it's any help the gallery is on this site

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:56:00 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Template error, Failed to find block 'report_file_button'
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:29:49 pm »

Zip up your custom theme and attach it to your posting using "additional options" when composing your reply.
If you must hijack a thread, is there any particular reason for not doing as suggested?

mad-wolfie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:53:53 pm »

If you must hijack a thread, is there any particular reason for not doing as suggested?

erm... yes. No need to be flippant!!

Nice to know 1st if someone would be willing to help as it's my 1st post on these forums & i found this thread when doing an engine search for the PHP error & it lead me to this, hence the reason for the reply to this specfic thread.

Also i don't know if an answer / solution has been put somewhere meaining i would look a bit stupid if i didn't ask the question 1st.. when it may of only needed a link to an FAQ or link to a file download.   I don't like to be cheeky & i don't like to upload files on forums on my 1st post when looking for support & assistance without being prompted as the invitation wasn't addressed to me but the previous poster. 

Anyway, as you ask.. the file should now be uploaded with the thread reply.  Now let's hope we can get off on the right footing & my apologies for hijacking the thread  ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 08:18:56 am »

We expect users to have read the documentation before asking questions. In your particular case, you should have read Converting cpg1.3.x themes to cpg1.4.10. Being new is not an excuse for not doing your homework first: when registereing, you agreed to respect board rules. Those rules say (among some other things) that you're only allowed to post after having read the documentation that comes with Coppermine.
Your actual theme name is "power_green01", not "cgtemplate" - I renamed it accordingly and updated it to cpg1.4.x as suggested in the docs that I refered to above. Your entire posting should have gone into a separate thread in the first place - I have split your postings from the original thread that you replied to.
Your updated theme is attached. Backup your existing one by renaming it to "power_green01_old" or similar, then unzip the attached theme into your themes folder and upload it.

mad-wolfie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Custom theme "power_green01" - template error after upgrade
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 10:52:52 am »

I've read through some of the guides to the software on many occasons as i've used coppermine on a few sites i've built, always finding them helpful & in hindsight never never needed to register for tech advice however this error was a bit of a mystery & nothing in the documentation that came with the software was giving me any clues & doing a search through the search function but this kept telling me how to create a theme or as you say convert from 1.3 to 1.4 etc, hence i wrongly assumed it was a PHP coding error somewhere so I did an engine search for the error & like i say, took me to the thread specifically, there was no "quick fix" or definitive solution shown in that thread that i was looking for so judged it to be a good place to start.

As for the name change, for conveniene i created a new folder on my local machine & FTP'd the template files into it from the server then zipped it, as i aleady have a file called power_green01 in the directory, so was more done for convenience so i don't get the 2 mixed up to upload them here.

However many thanks for helping me out & sorting me out in my hour of need.  i'll now go & do 1000 lines as punishment & then get to work uploading the templateto the site :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.