Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sending email to new members  (Read 5115 times)

loubymar

• Coppermine regular visitor
Sending email to new members
« on: May 26, 2007, 02:23:46 pm »

When users register is it possible to send them a welcome email? E.g. how could i customise the email activation, so i could enable that, but change it so users don't need to click on activation link and it sends welcome message when they register, like it would if i had email activation on! If thats not possible to do, is they another way of sending new users a welcome email?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:19:59 am by GauGau »

loubymar

Re: Sending email to new members
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 09:32:59 pm »

Can any1 help me plz?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 07:19:04 am »

Possible if you code it. If nobody replies to your requests, this usually means that nobody knows an answer to your question or nobody is willing to do your homework. In your case, it might be related to your notorious reputation as well.

loubymar

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 11:57:02 am »

We all make mistakes and avenually the ppl who make mistakes learn how to resolve them, also all my topics have been related to help with coppermine and correct me if im wrong but on my understanding this is what the forum is for (help with coppermine) Yeh i no, i posted in wrong places, takes time to get used to it tho!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:19:07 am »

correct me if im wrong but on my understanding this is what the forum is for
You're right, the forum is meant for coppermine help. However, we're not your coding slaves. Not every mod request gets coded. It's our decision if we give support or not, and it's our privilege to decide if we create custom mods for users.
We're particularly reluctant to create mods that result in even more emails being sent around, adding to the global spam problem. Your request falls into the category "beyond the scope of what you can expect from free support".
Bottom line: you need it => you code it (or hire someone to code it for you).
Review your attitude. Last warning - next time, you'll get a life-time ban.
Closing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.