Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Scroller - based on iTunes  (Read 259392 times)

russell235

• Coppermine novice
Re: Image Scroller - based on iTunes
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2007, 05:58:47 am »

very attractive addition.  Is it possible to use this with .png files?  I noticed it fills in the transparent areas with red which is kind of annoying.

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
    • muvipix - Music | Video | Pictures
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2007, 09:32:47 am »

very attractive addition.  Is it possible to use this with .png files?

Yes.

I noticed it fills in the transparent areas with red which is kind of annoying.

No idea what you're talking about.

russell235

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2007, 03:04:36 pm »

No idea what you're talking about.

let me try to explain.  .png's can contain transparency.  that's the biggest reason I like to use pngs.  they are very convenient for making logo's, etc, and they support anti-aliasing so they don't leave jagged little edges like gif files do.

I use these png's in my gallery images and they contain transparent areas.  the flash player imports them fine, but the transparent areas are filled with red when they are displayed. 

So what I'm asking is, do you know a way to make the png display the transparency?  or if not, maybe a way to change the color it uses to replace it?  If I can make it match my background, it may give the same effect.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2007, 04:11:30 pm »

I heard MS IE doesn't handle png transparency correctly. Is that what you're using? Or are you using Firefox or another browser?

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2007, 04:16:30 pm »

So what I'm asking is, do you know a way to make the png display the transparency?  or if not, maybe a way to change the color it uses to replace it?  If I can make it match my background, it may give the same effect.

Although Flash can handle png's inherently, it can't load transparency dynamically, sorry. And I don't have a workaround for the color.

russell235

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2007, 05:09:40 pm »

I heard MS IE doesn't handle png transparency correctly. Is that what you're using? Or are you using Firefox or another browser?

true, but in this case it's the same in firefox.

Although Flash can handle png's inherently, it can't load transparency dynamically, sorry. And I don't have a workaround for the color.

that's what I needed to know.  thank you for the response. :)

Gephri

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2007, 09:13:45 am »

I've got Image Scroller set to a 'width', '750', and 'height', '250', on my page and it works fine in Firefox.  But in IE it pushes the same page off the screen.
Is there a fix for IE (besides telling all my visitors to move to FireFox !)?
The ideal, for me, would be to set Image Scroller to 100% width, have it properly adjust the height and remove an padding on the left and right side.
what do you think?

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2007, 11:59:12 pm »

rphMedia, you are a Gentleman and a Scholar. This is a wonderful piece of work and it was so easy for a hack like me to implement. Thank you and may you be showered with a 1000 blessings!

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2007, 05:22:10 pm »

One slight glitch I have now that I have it implemented is that sometimes the slides start moving before the thumbs have all loaded (we don't have the fasted internet here in Africa). Is there any chance of getting that pre-loading thingy you normally see in Flash to kick in? Or maybe slow down the pause between slides to give them more chance to load?

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2007, 07:35:08 pm »

I'll see what I can do.

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2007, 08:27:51 pm »

Thanks! I've tried putting it on a test php page of another site of mine but am having no luck there. Works fine on the first site I did (where I put it into the template.html file). I suspect its this issue relating to the "www" being missing from my other site. I can't quite get my head around how to fix this. ??? Have tried all the combinations mentioned in the thread thus far and still can't get it to load here: http://nikongear.com/index_flow_incl.php.

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2007, 08:37:42 pm »

Your flow.php can't find your CPG config file.

http://www.nikongear.com/alb/flow.php

Is that your CPG root (alb/)?

2. And with the Flash code, eliminate the www
'FlashVars', 'xmlPath=http://www.nikongear.com/alb/flow.php', <!--Absolute path to 'flow.php'-->

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2007, 09:15:07 pm »

Yup, it's in the root for that instance of Coppermine. Here's the code for flow.php:

Code: [Select]
<?php
define
('IN_COPPERMINE'true);
require(
'include/init.inc.php');
$path=$CONFIG['site_url'];
$xml '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<content>';
if ($FORBIDDEN_SET != "") $FORBIDDEN_SET = "AND $FORBIDDEN_SET";
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p WHERE filename LIKE '%.jpg' $FORBIDDEN_SET ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 20"); //You can change the '20'
if (!$result) {
die('<p>Error performing query: ' . mysql_error() . '</p>');
}
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
$type = max($row['pwidth'], $row['pheight']) > $CONFIG['picture_width'] ? 'thumb' : 'thumb';
$xml .= "<image><path><![CDATA[" . $path . get_pic_url($row, $type) . "]]></path></image>";
}
$xml .= '</content>';
echo $xml;
?>

I have tried using it with the www included and excluded in the .php embed. Doesn't seem to work either way. In the code above I also tried typing the absolute path instead of  'site_url'. Could this not be related to some cache issue with Flash? I'm having endless problems with updating via XML an swf on another site (apparently has something to do with a known Flash caching problem).

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2007, 09:17:44 pm »

Just thought of something else that's different...this version of Coppermine has been bridged with SMF. Could that be causing a conflict?

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2007, 11:10:43 pm »

I have tried using it with the www included and excluded in the .php embed. Doesn't seem to work either way. In the code above I also tried typing the absolute path instead of  'site_url'. Could this not be related to some cache issue with Flash? I'm having endless problems with updating via XML an swf on another site (apparently has something to do with a known Flash caching problem).
None of that should matter at this point. You need flow.php to parse before you continue to troubleshoot.

And no, bridging should not make a difference either.

Your flow.php looks correct. I don't have any idea why it won't connect to the database. Could be a .htaccess or permissions issue (just guessing). When you click this link - http://www.nikongear.com/alb/flow.php - it should parse the images and you're getting a "No database selected" error. I've never encountered that. Is it a free host by chance?

Just grasping at straws here.

Nibbler

« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2007, 11:18:07 pm »

You should use cpg_db_query() instead of mysql_query().

hobert

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2007, 11:32:06 pm »

I must say, rphMedia, this is probably the coolest looking thing, ever!!! ;D  It's da bom'!

Two questions:

(1) In your three pages of examples in the original post, how do you get it to switch between the auto-moving, the scroll bar and the click-to-move versions?  I've looked in the htm source and really don't see anything different between them.

and (2) is there any way to make the side photos closer together (so they overlap a little with each other and with the front picture) or is that design limitation?

Can't wait to see what other neat shinies you trick this out with!

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2007, 08:28:00 am »

I have tried Nibbler's advice and changed the flow.php to this:
Code: [Select]
<?php

define
('IN_COPPERMINE'true);

require(
'include/init.inc.php');

$path=$CONFIG['site_url'];

$xml '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<content>';

if ($FORBIDDEN_SET != "") $FORBIDDEN_SET = "AND $FORBIDDEN_SET";

$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p WHERE filename LIKE '%.jpg' $FORBIDDEN_SET ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 20"); //You can change the '20'

if (!$result) {

die('<p>Error performing query: ' . mysql_error() . '</p>');

}

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))

{

$type = max($row['pwidth'], $row['pheight']) > $CONFIG['picture_width'] ? 'thumb' : 'thumb';

$xml .= "<image><path><![CDATA[" . $path . get_pic_url($row, $type) . "]]></path></image>";

}

$xml .= '</content>';

echo $xml;

?>

At first it didn't work, I was halfway through typing this reply, copying the links from various pages when all of a sudden "Thar she blows!" - it's working. Bizarr-o!  ;D

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2007, 08:31:27 am »

Oh, before I forget, it's only working when I type in the URL without the "www". I need to figure out how to implement your other solution mentioned earlier by putting the script in the head section, but when I tried that before it sent it into a loop. I must have something wrong.

Thanks again for all the assistance!

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2007, 08:46:28 am »

Finally I got it all working properly by creating the "crossdomain.xml" file you mentioned earlier and putting both versions of the domain URL in there. Now it works with and without the "www".

Sausage! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.