Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Scroller - based on iTunes  (Read 259380 times)

Gephri

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Image Scroller - based on iTunes
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2007, 09:17:21 pm »

Yeah - with some additions to the crossdomain.xml because of protections I've got on my htaccess file

Great MOD!

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
    • muvipix - Music | Video | Pictures
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2007, 12:45:02 pm »

Thanks, glad it worked for you ... Please post the details of your solution(s) for the record. It may help someone in the future.

Gephri

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2007, 08:16:57 pm »

Happy to help (maybe it'll help my karma!)

I have some pretty tight restrictions in my htaccess file in an effort to block Hot Linking by other sites (rewrite condition and rewrite rule).

This requires that I have the following code in crossdomain file:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="MYSITE_1.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="MYSITE_2.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="MYSITE_3.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="www.MYSITE_1.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="www.MYSITE_2.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="www.MYSITE_3.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="rs13.websiteswelcome.com" />
</cross-domain-policy>

of course - replace MYSITE_1 with the site where your gallery is, replace MYSITE_2 with the cross domain and the last line should be your server  info.

PS - I liked your mod so much rphMedia I've even search for any others written by you - very nice work and timely with the release of the iPhone!

hama

• Contributor
Re: Image Scroller - Based on iTunes
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2007, 03:20:56 pm »

If you want to add it to anycontent (advanced users), you'll have to modify your theme's template.html - again, not for the novice.

Is it possible to give me some help how to modify the theme's template.html. - I'd like to run the "flow no scale" in anycontent.

Thanks  :)

hama
Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights! - Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2007, 03:43:15 pm »

Look at the flow.htm as a sample. The 2 javascript entries would need to go between the <head> tags in template.html:

<head>...
<script language="javascript">AC_FL_RunContent = 0;</script>
<script src="AC_RunActiveContent.js" language="javascript"></script>

...</head>

Then, the entire Flash script would go into the anycontent.php

<div align="center">
<script language="javascript">
if (AC_FL_RunContent == 0) {
alert("This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js. In Flash, run \"Apply Active Content Update\" in the Commands menu to copy AC_RunActiveContent.js to the HTML output folder.");
} else {
AC_FL_RunContent(
'codebase', 'http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0',
'width', '750',
'height', '250',
'src', 'flow',
'FlashVars', 'xmlPath=http://YOURSITE.com/gallery/flow.php', <!--Absolute path to 'flow.php'-->
'quality', 'high',
'pluginspage', 'http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer',
'align', 'middle',
'play', 'true',
'loop', 'true',
'scale', 'showall',
'wmode', 'window',
'devicefont', 'false',
'id', 'flow',
'bgcolor', '#000000',
'name', 'flow',
'menu', 'true',
'movie', 'flow',
'salign', ''
); //end AC code
}
</script>
</div>

Go ahead and tackle that and if you have any questions from here, let me know.

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2007, 08:54:21 pm »

I did it but at the moment I only get a black box. For a few seconds the script started and I saw some red boxes but now nothing ...  :'(

AC_RunActiveContent.js, flow.php and flow.swf are in the main folder.

The following two line are in template.html of my theme:

I wrote a new anycontent and added it in index.php.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights! - Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2007, 09:45:21 pm »

Everything is now ok! Nice skript!!!  :)

First I wrote the absolute path to flow.php with www and I didn't work. Now, without www, it works. Strange ...

Is it true that the skript respects private albums for sure? That's important for me.

At the end of the skript, after the 20 random pics, the "movie" scrolls back to the first image. Is there a chance to have the skript without scrolling back, in a way that after the last image the first image comes again immediately. I'm very lucky without this change, so don't work too much!

Thanks for your help and have a good time

hama

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2007, 10:19:10 pm »

Is it true that the skript respects private albums for sure? That's important for me.
I don't see private photos when logged out. When I log in, I see private photos pretty soon so it's not a matter of random luck that logged out I didn't see the private photos.

Gephri

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2007, 01:02:19 am »

I've discovered that this Mod seems to be hanging when loaded because another little script isn't loading.  On other pages - all scripts load.

I can get all scripts to load (except for this Mod) if I remove the following code:
alert("This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js. In Flash, run \"Apply Active Content Update\" in the Commands menu to copy AC_RunActiveContent.js to the HTML output folder.");
} else {
AC_FL_RunContent(
'codebase', 'http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0',
'width', '750',
'height', '250',
'src', 'flow',
'FlashVars', 'xmlPath=http://www.MYSITE.com/gallery/flow.php', <!--Absolute path to 'flow.php'-->
'quality', 'high',
'align', 'middle',
'play', 'true',
'loop', 'true',
'scale', 'showall',
'wmode', 'window',
'devicefont', 'false',
'id', 'flow',
'bgcolor', '#000000',
'name', 'flow',
'menu', 'true',
'movie', 'flow',
'salign', ''
); //end AC code
}
</script>
(of course "MYSITE" in the code above is actually my site in the code I'm using.)

Any work-arounds, or ideas?
Thanks

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2007, 12:30:08 pm »

At the end of the skript, after the 20 random pics, the "movie" scrolls back to the first image. Is there a chance to have the skript without scrolling back, in a way that after the last image the first image comes again immediately.
I hope to have that feature implemented soon.

RE: Gephri, I have no idea what your trying to say. Do you have a link where this is happening? The scripts themselves really have nothing to do with the flash object - it controls how the browser renders.

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2007, 01:19:01 pm »

It works now and I try to change two things:

First, I visited your test gallery (nice!) and there the pics in the image scroller are bigger than in my gallery. Is it possible to get the .swf for the bigger pics or do I only have to change something in my settings? It should run automaticly as it does now in my gallery.

--> http://orst.ch/copper/index.php

Second, I open my website, go to "Gallery" and the skript is running. Then I click "Forum" and after some seconds I click back to "Gallery". Then the skript doesn't start again. I have to close the IE7, open it again, open "Gallery" and the skript starts. It is the same situation with FF2. Has this to do with the construction of my website or do you know a "fix"?

hama

atmorell

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2007, 01:38:36 pm »

Hello,

Wow! It looks very good the only thing I am missing is the posibility to click a image and get redirect to the selected imagepage for details. Great work.

Best regards.
Asbjørn Morell.

Gephri

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2007, 06:23:43 pm »

rphMedia, Gephri here - sorry for being so cryptic in my earlier message (trying to keep things simple)
Here's the situation:
I've use the following little javascript to load a page name into the bottom of the browser bar:
<!--
window.defaultStatus = "*** SuperStar Students ***"
-->

For any page that includes the following code - the little javascipt above doesn't load:
} else {
AC_FL_RunContent(
'width', '750',
'height', '250',
'src', 'flow',
'FlashVars', 'xmlPath=http://www.superstarstudents.com/gallery/flow.php', <!--Absolute path to 'flow.php'-->
'quality', 'high',
'align', 'middle',
'play', 'true',
'loop', 'true',
'scale', 'showall',
'wmode', 'window',
'devicefont', 'false',
'id', 'flow',
'bgcolor', '#000000',
'name', 'flow',
'menu', 'true',
'movie', 'flow',
'salign', ''
); //end AC code
}
</script>

Instead, the browser bar reads "Transferring data from www.superstarstudents.com..."

That's why it looks like it's hanging

skidpics

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2007, 08:13:36 pm »

Been doin' the mess-around again. I'm not totally finished with this yet (you know how I like to tease first anyway). If you're familiar with iTunes, you'll recognize this (I think). I don't take credit for the interface, but I do for the CPG database/XML integration:

w/Scrollbar Control

Button [click image] Control

Auto Scroll

And here it is active in my test Gallery via anycontent: iTunes Sample

Give me some time to work out the details.

Where do I find the Itunes version?

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2007, 09:20:21 pm »

hama: you probably have a javascript conflict somewhere. I would eliminate each script one at a time to see which one is causing that behavior. I have 3 different sites with it and they all work perfectly every time. 
And yes, my test gallery does have a different form of the component because I have complete control over it  ;D  What size do you want it (once you get it working)?

Gephri: Again, I can't say what's happening, you'll have to troubleshoot to figure out what's colliding. You have many scripts on your page - it's bound to fail somewhere.

atmorell: That could probably be implemented, but just don't have that kind of time right now. Maybe in the future.

skidpics: Went to check your site and am redirected almost every time. What kind of 'stuff' is in your pages???

The component is a mockery of the iTunes Album selector. What exactly are you referring to and looking for?

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2007, 10:02:50 pm »

Thanks a lot, I try to find the javascript conflict. This is not so easy. I put the script as the first script, as the last script, no chance. There are a lot of scripts scripts in the head. Here you can see this part of template.html (I deleted google_Tracker):

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={CHARSET}" />
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" />
<title>{TITLE}</title>
{META}
<link rel="stylesheet" href="themes/classic/style.css" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="scripts.js"></script>
<!-- $Id: template.html,v 1.6 2005/12/04 03:22:35 donnoman Exp $ -->
<script src="/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    _uacct = "***";
    urchinTracker();
</script>

</head>

The size in your gallery looks very good (I like this size) but I don't need four pictures on each side, three are enough.  ::)

pds910

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2007, 04:27:49 am »

Is there any way to put some sort of description underneath the front image (the one you are currently focused on) that will change when you scroll to the next image? Or would that involve a totally different code altogether?

Basically if image A was the main one in focus, I could put a little description centered under the reflection. Once I click to get image B into the main focus, the description would change to what I want to say about image B.

I have the code, have browsed over it, but haven't actually tried it out fully myself yet. A few quick questions before I do:

- Is the image size/reflection based upon the actual pixel size of the images in my gallery? or is it set somewhere in the code at 120x120? Basically if I have ten 400x400 pixel images, would the gallery show at that size, or would it default to 120x120 cause it's written into the code at that size?
- Does it default to auto scroll? I want to have it so the image doesn't change until the viewer clicks the next image in the line
- What is the widest you recommend if you site was designed at 1024x768?
- I see in the html code you have the width set at 750 and height at 250. Do I have to change these at a 3:1 ratio like you have it set to avoid distortion of the thumbnails? Or can I choose any numbers I see fit (based on your recommendation above) and it will display my images properly?

Thank you for taking the time to read these questions. I joined this board SPECIFICALLY for this script. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you soooo much for all your hard work and I look forward to hearing back from you.

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2007, 10:16:04 am »

@hama: I tried to make yours larger. The problem is, your thumbs are at 133 width and if they scale any larger than that, distortion/pixelation starts to occur. I've actually resized my thumbnails at my test gallery (http://gallery.rphmedia.net) to the exact size needed (I think 200 wide). Let me know how you want to proceed.

@pds910: You don't ask for much, do you? You'll find most of your questions answered via the attached file.

• Auto slideshow removed
  • Description field added to show 'title' of images
  • 900x350 (MO, optimum for 1024x768)

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2007, 09:16:47 pm »

Yes, my thumbs are at 133 width. I think I have already this size in your script or is it a little bit smaller? It doesn't matter. I'm happy with the script as it is! It's a great work! Maybe you have another idea around my javascript conflict. That's the only problem for the moment.  :)

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2007, 02:29:29 pm »

Yes, my thumbs are at 133 width. I think I have already this size in your script or is it a little bit smaller? It doesn't matter. I'm happy with the script as it is! It's a great work! Maybe you have another idea around my javascript conflict. That's the only problem for the moment.  :)

Give me a few days and I'll package it with a different JavaScript file.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.