Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Group Intermediate Descriptions  (Read 2702 times)

TeenStorm

• Coppermine novice
  • €®!¢
    • TeenStorm.com
Group Intermediate Descriptions
« on: June 04, 2007, 02:50:47 am »

CPG allows us to post a "description" field for each image within a particular album and for my site's needs I can just duplicate the same description for each pic in the album so cut-n-paste works for me so far.  As I'm posting more and more albums that have more pics in each it's taking a looong time to do this.  To shortcut this behavior I'm just wondering if there's an effective way to post a single description that will resolve itself on each intermediate image page but remain discrete for that album only. 

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: Group Intermediate Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:17:01 am »

Hi,

the keyword_add plugin allow you to add info for the custom description fields. You can modify the code for the desciption field
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

TeenStorm

• Coppermine novice
  • €®!¢
    • TeenStorm.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 07:34:39 am »

Thanks Franz:

Alternatively, however, can't I just copy the sample intermediate template and put it into my theme.php then remark out the call for {CAPTION} and replace it with a call from the album view called {ALB_DESC}.  I could remark {ALB_DESC} from my Album view and hide {CAPTION} from my intermediate view.  Exposing the variable {ALB_DESC} in my intermediate view would mean that I'd only have to update the album description and every intermediate pic in that album will show my bbcode.  The only problem is that I don't know how to reference {ALB_DESC} from the intermediate page.  When I resolve the page it only shows the code string not the data from the dbase.  Am I able to do it this way or am I out of luck if I don't reference the actual album?  I will explore your previous tip, thanks. 

TeenStorm

• Coppermine novice
  • €®!¢
    • TeenStorm.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 07:38:54 am »

:-\  Ooops!  Sorry about the "t" Frantz.  I was doing so well with my wireless kb but missed that before posting.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.