Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: email notifications  (Read 8504 times)

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
email notifications
« on: May 21, 2007, 06:45:27 am »

I was wondering...I thought there was a feature to  send members an email from the gallery when they get a comment on images they have uploaded.

It is a very benefcial aspect of a gallery for artists cause we like to have those comments, some can be obnoxious but the majority help us to do our art better.

I see where the admins get an email on registration of a new member but not all of them need this. I could in fact live with out it if I had to but really need the notifications for comments on images.

I saw the thread that explained what edits to do to get this done BUT 1. I do not have one of the files mentioned and 2. this is an unbridged gallery...the bridge is for an earlier version of SMF and we are using 1.12 with 1.410 of coppermine.

Please let me know what I can do to get this feature, if there be files to manually edit and something for the database I will try with my basic knowledge.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 05:12:42 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: email notifications
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 06:59:36 am »

Not related to install - moving accordingly. Did you search the mods and plugins sub-boards before posting?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:55:26 am »

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 08:29:45 am »

@GauGau:

Yup hun, I surely did but like I said the one I found that gave code  named a file that does not exist on my cpg stuffies it deposited when installed on the server that is...lol

And thanks much for moving to the proper thread home I wasn't sure where to put it since it was an unbridged gallery.

Stramm:

thanks and I will look into those...then let you all know.

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 08:41:44 am »

Additional to above reply....

Stramm that one you do not know about...that is the one I was saying names that file that is nonexistant in my gallery files tis why I did not  try it out...wonder why i don't have that file that was renamed to cpg_db_query instead of db_query.

Fact is i couldn't find it even without the spg added to the name.

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 07:16:56 am »

Stramm, I have tried the files you have in your download and it still will not give the members email notification of comments---in fact I got errors that there were files missing so I had to remove them...I did notice that it was for a bridged forum which mine are not for the bridge would not work.

Any other ideas?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 08:10:04 am »

you'd have to install the entire modpcak and not just parts of it. If you only want this very modification then you'd have to look through the code and find the lines responsible for that. Also you'll need the new SQL entries.

Actually the modpack supports smf, phpbb and punbb. It's not difficult to modify existing bridge files.
If you use the bridge file that comes with the original Coppermine (smf10.inc.php), then the modpack does this also, there are just a few changes in it.

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 12:00:02 pm »

thanks hun, this novice will just need to do a test forum/gallery to attempt it so I don't kill the forums i have now...lol

I can be very dangerous with my experimentation.

When I get the chance--after the moving is finished--I shall give it another try.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 12:18:30 pm »

Coppermine doesn't mess with the forum, as neither the forum's code nor the forum's database tables will be written to. Subsequently, you don't have to set up a test forum. If things go wrong, just disable bridging and you're back to where you have been before.

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 12:34:54 pm »

ok, that's good to know. Will give it a try over the weekend..Thanks again.

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 12:08:00 am »

you'd have to install the entire modpcak and not just parts of it. If you only want this very modification then you'd have to look through the code and find the lines responsible for that. Also you'll need the new SQL entries.

Actually the modpack supports smf, phpbb and punbb. It's not difficult to modify existing bridge files.
If you use the bridge file that comes with the original Coppermine (smf10.inc.php), then the modpack does this also, there are just a few changes in it.

Well hun I am back!

I finally got  one forum integrated with the gallery and am so happy.

Now I am going to try your modpak again...let me know if I got these instructions right since I will wait to hear from you before I mess with it.

I got your 2 zipped files...in the mod pak I upload and overwrite the files on the server with your files then  do I also do the second zip of yours for the members will get email notification[/size]

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 08:44:22 am »

yes, upload the modpack and run update.php. The other archives are fixes if you experience problems with the functionality. They will be added to the next version of the modpack

edit: the docs are still to be found here http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=28367.0
support for the modpack: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=86.0

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 08:56:09 am »

Thanks and I will give it a go  this weekend...will report back when done

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 05:13:44 pm »

Marking thread as "solved". If you have modpack issues, start a separate thread on the modpack support board that Stramm refered to.

angelsfire

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 09:43:00 pm »

I keep timing out here so hope this goes thru...

thanks for closing it and I am on my way to the toher thread--I hope-- for my issues...LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.