Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: 20,000 plus images  (Read 5426 times)

shilow1864

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: 20,000 plus images
« on: August 06, 2008, 12:49:55 am »

I am beginning to think all my troubles evolve around the ability of Coppermine to handle 20,000 plus files. Does anyone know of a site that runs Coppermine with that many files?  ???

Ms Shilow
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:01:43 pm by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: 20,000 plus images
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 01:01:06 am »

Lots of coppermine installs use above that amount of pics. It shouldn't be a problem. Maybe you should explain your problems and it would be easier to work out what is wrong.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

shilow1864

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 01:16:58 am »

after registering and activating user can not login. My own test show no problem but I have 11 new users that want have registered and still cannot log in. So far my gallery has 23,000 plus files. None but the themes that came with Coppermine will work, especially in batch up of more than 20 files. But right now my main concern is getting users on. Not any good without users.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 07:01:15 am »

20k pics is an intermediate gallery only. There are coppermine installs with 100k images and more. That doesn't have an impact on user's ability to log in. Coppermine in itself doesn't have any limitations built-in in terms of numbers of images, users, views or whatever. Only the resources on your webserver have a limiting factor, so they differ from server to server setup. But that's not the point neither: you should run into time-outs if you actually reach resources limits, which seems not to be the case.
As suggested in your other thread, there can be only one possible reply: post a link to your gallery so we can take a look. There's little point in any speculation. In your case, posting a non-admin test user account might be a good idea as well.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:17:04 am by Joachim Müller »

shilow1864

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 06:56:56 pm »

Well after spending weeks with 4image software I learned it ran perfect with a few thousand files but as one moderator there said the database kinds gets clogged up the more files uploaded. As for my other posts the themes mentioned were just the ones I would like to use. I have tried nearly half of those available for download none seemed to work for me.

http://www.imagesociety.com [Edit GauGau] Link not safe for work [/Edit]

ms shilow :'(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:53:35 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 07:54:16 pm »

In your case, posting a non-admin test user account might be a good idea as well.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 07:58:39 pm »

Maybe you should warn of the adult nature of your site. ;)

Using a disposable email address (mailinator.com) I registered the user - tester1 with the password - tester

I seem to be able to register and logon perfectly well.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 08:02:42 pm »

Maybe you should warn of the adult nature of your site. ;)
I edited shillow's posting accordingly, but of course you're right: shillow should post a warning when posting a link to such a site. Board rules and common sense!

shilow1864

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 08:58:27 pm »

Would you just delete the link, please. I knew at the start posting it would do no good. I have done the fake user creation and everthing worked fine as I stated earlier in many posts. Yet there is no explanation as to why 5 out of 6 registered users cannot login on. Now that it is set to use Eyeball its fine... but any aftermarket them it is not. Thank you for trying. I'll leave you alone from now one. Just please delete link.
Sincesrely
Josey Shilow
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.