Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CpmFetch in EFiction  (Read 3213 times)

jacci

• Coppermine newbie
  • I don't usually have a clue what is going on....
    • pretendercentre.com
CpmFetch in EFiction
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:57:24 am »

Hi there, have just installed CpmFetch and have it working EVERYWHERE on my site. I LOVE IT!!!!!

was reading thru the docs and how-to's (great job by the way, it really made it easy for me to learn to mess with basic output) and i came across this:

I have helped someone get CpmFetch working with eFiction. This was a horrific experience, and required modifications to the CpmFetch code itself and modifications to the EFiction code. Unless you are proficent in PHP, I would not recommend trying this. This will also make it harder to stay up to date with CpmFetch.

The real problem is that EFiction does not limit itself to a specific database connection, but uses the last one created.

The first thing i got working with my cmpfetch was my efic installation, and it was dead easy, took me about 2 minutes and I havent had any problems at all with it. And i didnt have to mode either your code or the efiction either... (there is no possible way i could have done that if i needed to, my coding skills are elementary at best). I am using version 3.x.x of efiction, so my method should be okay for any version higher than 3.

you can see it in action here:
http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/index.php

if you are interested in what i did, let me know, i was thinking that if i got it working so easily for an efiction install, it might be worth updating the instruction docs (assuming of course the way i did it wasnt completely moronic... although it seems to be working just fine for me on my live and test site)

thanks again for a wonderful script!!!
jacci

jacci

• Coppermine newbie
  • I don't usually have a clue what is going on....
    • pretendercentre.com
Re: CpmFetch in EFiction
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 04:21:27 am »

Sorry, i am not trying to spam you, but since i can't modify my posts here, thought i would add a little addendum to the above (i forgot to put in it first post)

my coppermine installation is version: Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.10 (stable)
and the CpmFetch is: copperminefetch-2.0.0 (downloaded about 2 days ago)
efiction: 3.3

aslo, noticed that your SMF instructions said that it has been done, but no instructions yet. I have successfully got my CpmFetch in my SMF (v.1.1.3) and am happy to help write/contribute to an instruction for that too... it was even easier than the efiction...

hope that helps
 ;D
jacci
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.