Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comment Flooding  (Read 2949 times)

steveski

• Coppermine novice
Comment Flooding
« on: September 12, 2006, 10:42:54 pm »

Our coppermine installation doesn' have user registrations - pretty much everything is view only, anonymous.  This has worked for a few years.  But recently we have been getting the comments section flooded with ad/sex links and text.  They come in every 10-12 minutes, so the flood protection of 30seconds doesn't help.  Besides making user registration required (not desired)....is there something simple that we can do to avoid this?  I've tried adding the IPs, but, well, didn't expect that to work given dynamic IPs and the source using multiple ISPs.

Just any recommendations or suggestions.  I could probably add one of those "type the image letters/numbers" to the comment form, but would rather not start mucking with Coppermine if I can help it.

-S
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 12:31:04 pm by Nibbler »

steveski

• Coppermine novice
Re: Comment Flooding
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:16:22 pm »

Thanks, it only took me 8 months to find the time to implement CAPTCHA, and it works great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.