Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating Admin Groups  (Read 2790 times)

sink

• Coppermine newbie
Creating Admin Groups
« on: May 17, 2007, 08:16:30 pm »

FYI, let me assure you that I've searched the forums and haven't been able to answer my question. I'm not even really sure what to search on!

OK first off, some background:

I am using Coppermine bridged to phpBB. The forum admin acts as the master control for user accounts.

Within the site (forums + galleries) I have 5 teams, each one independent from the others, unable to see the forum &/or gallery content of the other teams.

Additionally, I also have a number of client users (the folks paying the bills) who want to see absolutely everything going on in both the forums and galleries.

Now for the real question:

How can I easily allow the client users to actually see ALL the gallery content posted. My hope is that I could setup a group with permissions to see everything, call it "Admin Users" (or whatever), then simply add client users to this group when they sign up on the site. They would automatically get permission to see any and all gallery content.

Since Coppermine is bridged to phpBB, when I click the "Groups" admin button, then click "Assigned Album(s)", I can't actually select which group see which album.

Is there a way to setup some sort of uber-permission group so that the clients can see everything happening?

Thanks!
Jake

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Creating Admin Groups
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 08:14:42 am »

Use album properties. The button you're looking at is labelled "Assigned albums", not "Assign albums". You can only view things there, but not set things up there. Using album properties you can actually set up what groupp is allowed to view an album. Note that you can only set up one group, so you'll have to create some meta groups in your BBS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.