Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User galleries not displaying all User galleries  (Read 3990 times)

vegascoug

• Coppermine regular visitor
User galleries not displaying all User galleries
« on: May 17, 2007, 12:05:09 am »

I am sure I am missing something obvious as is usually the case with Coppermine, but I am stumped!

If I log in as a Registered user I see the home page with the heading User Galleries under Categories.  Under Albums - 11 listed and under Files - 42 listed

If I log in as an Administrator, I see the same thing, only under Albums - 13 listed and under Files - 45 listed.

However if I click on the User Galleries link, only 3 User Galleries appear under Home > User Galleries.  Same 3 in both Registered and Administrator.

I have read the documentation and realize that users don't appear here unless they have uploaded files.  Under Users I have 11 Users with at least 1 file uploaded (under Files).  A grand total of 69 Files under that column.

So why are all these views different?  Why can't see all 11 User Galleries on that first page when I click on User Galleries?  If there are 69 files uploaded for those 11 users, shouldn't it list 11 User Galleries and 69 Files Uploaded?  What am I missing???

Coppermine v 1.4.3

http://creatingwithpaper.com/gallery/index.php

User - vegascoug
Pword - test

Please help me figure this out, thank you!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 09:22:14 pm by Nibbler »

vegascoug

Re: User galleries not displaying all User galleries
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 05:48:01 am »

Update, created a new album and uploaded a file to make sure these people were actually creating albums.  Still won't appear.

I installed Coppermine 1.4.10 (stable) on a different website, set up 5 users, an album for each user, uploaded a picture for each and everything works great.  If 1.4.10 (stable) is the latest release. how is it possible for this person I am working with to have 1.4.3 (stable)?  Is that the issue here, is there some mod that was installed that's causing a display issue with the User Galleries?

Not sure what's going on...but a fresh install works great.  She's using a modified classic theme.  I tried different themes to make sure that wasn't it, and it does the same thing. 

This may seem like a stupid question, but can I go back from 1.4.3 to 1.4.10?

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:32:08 pm »

Update the gallery. 1.4.10 is more recent than 1.4.3 (10 is higher than 3) and fixes the display bug.

vegascoug

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 04:51:48 pm »

Okay, I will try that, thanks.

10 is larger than three, but .3 is larger than .1 or .10, .1000, .100000, etc.  That's what confused me.  Normally the next patch would have been 1.4.4, at least by my math.  Probably where I went wrong, trying to use my math again.

Mike

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 05:15:59 pm »

The next patch was 1.4.4. Version 1.4.3 is 7 versions behind current.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Version_numbering

vegascoug

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 06:35:12 pm »

Thanks

I upgraded to 1.4.10 and now I see more, but still not all.  When I log in as a registered user, I see 8 galleries under User Galleries.  If I log in as an Admin, I see 10.  The two that are missing in the registered login both only have pictures uploaded to other galleries, not a personal gallery they created.  Not sure why that would show up in one and not the other though.

However I have 14 users with at least 1 file uploaded...not 10.

Logged in as Admin on the home page it shows 17 albums, but when you click on User Categories only 10 appear.

When you are logged in as a registered user, it shows 15 albums, but only shows 8 (I'm assuming those same two users are missing in that count)

Also, under Random files - User Galleries and Last additions - User Galleries there used to be links to view more pages.  Now only 8 appear (('m assuming the 8 most recent posts and 8 random files).  Is there a way to set this up so that you can scroll through all recent uploads like before, or at least have more than 8 appear?

I have ran the update.php, and checked the file versions and everything looks great.  I even changed to different themes in case it was something in my custom theme.  Still the same deal.

I really appreciate the help, thank you (and thank you for the great product, I know people don't say that enough!)

Mike

vegascoug

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 06:56:34 pm »

UPDATE

Okay, the two that aren't showing are password protected, so that would make sense as to why I can see them as an Admin but not as a regular user.  They aren't public.  Sorry about that one, just saw that.

Still confused about the missing users.

If you log in as vegascoug (test) there is a file uploaded by user wkdstpmm titled "Room with a view".  It is the only file this user has uploaded.  You can see it in the Last Additions section, but it doesn't appear in the User galleries section.  This is one of the missing users in that list.  She doesn't have a personal album created, however other users that have posted to public albums and don't have a personal album are showing up, so that can't be what's wrong.  Just not sure why this user wouldn't be showing up for either Admins or registered users.

Thanks again

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 07:15:41 pm »

If they don't have a personal album they won't appear in user galleries since user galleries contains only personal albums.

vegascoug

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 08:37:51 pm »

I'm sorry, I must be losing my mind!  I have looked at this stupid site for so long I swore I saw some files in there that weren't in a personal gallery.  Duh, that makes sense and I can't believe I didn't notice that.  In fact I thought for sure I had found one that wasn't, but I was probably looking in the Recent or Random section.

I'll ask the displaying more than 8 items in another post, 1 question per topic right?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.