Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Message "The selected album/file does not exist !" after publishing.  (Read 3947 times)

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice

I just updated some of the pages on my website (not the coppermine files) and when I re-published the site, my CPG is not now working properly.  On the main page, the thumbnails show up but when I click on any of the pictures I get this error message:  The selected album/file does not exist !  Also, I am now unable to log in as Admin or even as a user.  When I try to register as a new user, I click on 'I Agree' to the terms and the same page keeps coming up with the terms and conditions.

I am using CPG 1.4.10 and it has been working fine up until this last publish.  I am using FrontPage 2003 if that makes any difference.

the gallery url is http://www.cutabovescrappin.com/galleryphotos

Please help, I have no idea what I did wrong or how to fix it.  Have searched the boards and the other topic with the same title said "update your gallery" but mine is already updated.

Thanks,
Jeanne

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Don't use Frontpage to edit Coppermine files. Frontpage is notorious for interfering with the code in a manner that will break things.
If you have issues with uploads, do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice

Hi GauGau,

Thank you for your reply.  Maybe I did not state my issue correctly.  I did not modify or edit any of the coppermine files in FrontPage.  Also, I am not trying to upload pics to my gallery, I am only trying to view photos already in the gallery.  The problem is that while the thumbnail photos are visible, the error message comes up when clicking on any of the thumbnails.

Also, is there a reason why I would not be able to log in as admin or even as a regular user?  I will go through the docs again to see if there is an answer there as well.

Thank you,
Jeanne

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Using Frontpage to upload files will have the same effect. On the page http://www.cutabovescrappin.com/galleryphotos/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1 I noticed
This page last modified <!--webbot bot="Timestamp" s-type="EDITED" s-format="%B %d">
, which is shows that Frontpage is interfering where it shouldn't. Upload vanilla coppermine files from a fresh package as if you were performing an update, using a real FTP app like FileZilla or SmartFTP instead of the crappy Frontpage upload tool.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice

Upload vanilla coppermine files from a fresh package as if you were performing an update, using a real FTP app like FileZilla or SmartFTP instead of the crappy Frontpage upload tool.
Will do, thanks!
Jeanne

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice

Upload vanilla coppermine files from a fresh package as if you were performing an update, using a real FTP app like FileZilla or SmartFTP instead of the crappy Frontpage upload tool.
Quick question about this...will my thumbnails/picture files and user info still be available or will it start everything from zero?  I had the theme colors modified to match my site but did not do the mod myself so I don't know how to get that back on there as well.  Sorry for all the ???'s, just don't want to lose all my files that are already in there.

Thanks again,
Jeanne

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Do as suggested when upgrading (because that's basically what you need to do, although your version number doesn't differ): backup before overwriting anything. If you do that, nothing will be lost.
Your custom theme is based on waterdrop, so you shouldn't overwrite that in the first place. However, if Frontpage has interfered with your theme, you'll have to manually adjust it.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice

Okay, well, I downloaded a fresh copy of the 1.4.10 and uploaded it using SmartFTP, then did the update and restored my SQL and got the following error message:

ERROR 1050 at line 11 in file: '/nfs/cust/5/51/05/650155/mysql/cutabove.txt': Table 'cpg148_albums' already exists

Also, I am still unable to log in, register, or view any of the albums.  Should I just completely delete the CPG from my site and reinstall it and then restore the picture files that I have backed up to my local drive? 

I am at a loss where to go from here as I thought I did everything just as explained in this thread as well as following the docs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeanne

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You're not suppossed to restore the database, as you haven't been suppossed to drop it in the first place. Read the upgrade guide I refered to: it says exactly what you have to do.
The error message you posted comes from a script that we're not familiar with (i.e. it doesn't come from Coppermine), so we can't help you with that.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice

Thank you for your reply GauGau.  What I meant was that I made a dump of my database, backed up my files and then completed the upload as explained in the upgrade guide (3.5 Upgrading from cpg 1.4.0 or better...).  I ran the update.php but am still unable to view pictures, log in, or even register as a new user.  When I click on a thumbnail I get the same error message as I got before I performed the upgrade:
"Error
The selected album/file does not exist !  "

I know the picture files are there because I can see them in the files when I look in my FTP.  Should I just completely delete the entire gallery and then install it as a first time install onto my site?  If I do that, will I be able to reload the pictures from my backup?  Sorry for so many questions, I am just not sure where to go from here as I thought it would be back up and running after doing the upgrade. ???

Thanks again,
Jeanne

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You haven't done as suggested - the MS Frontpage crap is still showing through (see screenshot).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.