Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [solved]: Upload problem  (Read 7736 times)

yoshikiwei

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
[solved]: Upload problem
« on: March 08, 2004, 02:33:24 am »

Are there any specific settings to be set up on a user's machine ?

I had problems uploading pictures on one of my user's Win XP machine.
I had no problems on other machine, its just that there is this particular system where I can't upload.

I tried using the same user account, and even an administrator account. Still cant upload any pictures.
There's an error saying cant upload pictures, please check server.
But I had no problem uploading from other machine with the same user account.

Please help. Thanks

bit bit spears

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • TangibleBrit.com
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 03:41:54 am »

are you using 'xp_publish' ?

then please install it on each computer you wish to upload from.

yoshikiwei

• Contributor
Still cant upload
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 05:38:22 am »

This problem doesnt just occur when using XP publish
It occurs when I tried to upload a picture using the coppermine upload feature too.

n0nam3

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 06:46:17 am »

Bulk upload or the regular one?

yoshikiwei

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 07:03:27 am »

Both

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 07:29:38 am »

hard to imagine this should be related to a machine - I guess it's related to the user. Make him reset his password, and make sue the username doesn't contain "funny" characters.

GauGau

yoshikiwei

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 09:02:09 am »

I realised that it has something to do with the XP_Publish registry

I went to windows registry and delete the registry record for the XP Publish and was able to upload again.

I then installed XP Publish .reg again but did not encounter the problem of uploading.

Now I am not sure what causes this upload problem.

Anyway, I hope it wont appear again.
Thanks everyone for the help.

yoshikiwei

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 12:20:03 pm »

Ok, I found out that there is nothing wrong with XP Publish .reg

The error occurred when I tried to upload a file larger than the allowed file size

The error appear was:
No picture was uploaded !
If you have really selected a picture to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

If I am not wrong, err_fsize_too_large should be displayed when a file larger than the allowed file size is uploaded.

I have no idea why mine displays no_pic_uploaded

Does anyone have any idea ??

twisty

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 07:10:12 am »

I have exactly the same problem and it is confusing for users who don't know why their upload doesn't work. I also realised that this message usually comes up after uploading. I would assume the program would have stopped uploading with the "err_imgsize_too_large" message if the file size exceeds the max upload limit. I could not see where the problem is in both english.php and dbinput.php files.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 09:32:45 am »

First, the relevant sniffing code is in xp_publish.php.

If you are referring to php.ini's max upload limit, the script will not recieve the post data, and the test for a temp file name will find no file name. Hence, "No pic was uploaded" as this is indeed the case.  

Make sure your maximum file size setting in the Config console is not larger than the limit in php.ini.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

twisty

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 12:29:31 pm »

Well, in this case I am not using XP_publish, just the normal upload. The size in php.ini is set to 4mb and the one in cpm config is 300kb. When the uploaded file size is bigger than 300kb, the file is still uploaded but then at the end of it the message "no_pic_uploaded" was displayed instead of "err_imgsize_too_large". The workaround I am doing now is to append the "err_imgsize_too_large" message to the end of "no_pic_uploaded" in english.php so that users are not too confusing when the file size is over the max limit set in config. I tried a smaller file - slightly below 300kb and the program works fine with no problem.

I would really like to see the auto-resize feature that is included in Gallery. But after giving it a go, I found that it is beyond my current limited php skill.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 03:03:26 pm »

Hi twisty,
I had a similar problem, which I found was pixel size related. I was trying to upload pics I had left at 1600 x 1200, and had optimised them to about 250kb, but they would not upload, I got the same error as you.

So I took the original, reduced pixels to about 1000, but at higher quality, so size was still about 250kb, and they now uploaded fine.

I suggest you experiment with a couple of pics, save them in different size / quality configs, and see what works foryou.

You allowed memory is half that of mine, so you will experience this with smaller pics than I did.  There are serveral threads on this topic.

You will have to ask your host if you want more memory allocation.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 03:10:36 pm »

Twisty,

What client are you using? (IE, Mozilla, etc.)

Also, what PHP version?
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

twisty

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 12:50:10 am »

Thanks guys. I am using IE 6 SP1 and PHP 4.3.4 with PHPNuke 7.0. I have my own web server so I can make change if necesssary.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 12:53:45 am »

erm, phpnuke? This is the standalone board, the nuke board has moved...

GauGau

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2004, 06:32:17 am »

You might try adding this sniff before the temp name test.

if ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userpicture']['error'] == '2') cpg_die(ERROR, $lang_db_input_php['err_imgsize_too_large'], __FILE__, __LINE__);

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.