Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two things that I request to be changed/put in  (Read 3089 times)

Deadfire

• Coppermine newbie
Two things that I request to be changed/put in
« on: May 11, 2007, 09:36:22 pm »

During my workings with Coppermine I've really only come across two things that caused me to almost rip my hair out

1. You would think that as a admin I could move pictures anywhere even into other people's user galleries, this appears not to be the case.
2. you would also think that I could rename the owner of the file to give that person rights to it, this is not possible either

Now my biggest question here is why not?, I mean thats common sense. As admin I should be able to do these things with out going in to mysql and changing things. As a Admin I can do that, so why can't I do that on the site itself?

Where this came from is that I lost my gallery and to save headache from my users I saved their images away so that I could restore them and they did not need to reupload (at the time the gallery was only about 10 hours old, and yes my fault for not creating a back-up). However after uploading them all to a temp album (because you can't batch add to other user's galleries, a minor annoying thing) and hit these 2 things in the head. So after much time being wasted in phpmyadmin I restored the owners of the files and let the owners of them put them where they thought they should go.

Thats all that I can think of at the moment. This just almost annoyed me to the point of dropping CPM for good

Nibbler

Re: Two things that I request to be changed/put in
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 10:05:41 pm »

Little point in asking why, they are missing features and will no doubt be added to some future version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.