Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two things that I request to be changed/put in  (Read 3075 times)

Deadfire

• Coppermine newbie
Two things that I request to be changed/put in
« on: May 11, 2007, 09:36:22 pm »

During my workings with Coppermine I've really only come across two things that caused me to almost rip my hair out

1. You would think that as a admin I could move pictures anywhere even into other people's user galleries, this appears not to be the case.
2. you would also think that I could rename the owner of the file to give that person rights to it, this is not possible either

Now my biggest question here is why not?, I mean thats common sense. As admin I should be able to do these things with out going in to mysql and changing things. As a Admin I can do that, so why can't I do that on the site itself?

Where this came from is that I lost my gallery and to save headache from my users I saved their images away so that I could restore them and they did not need to reupload (at the time the gallery was only about 10 hours old, and yes my fault for not creating a back-up). However after uploading them all to a temp album (because you can't batch add to other user's galleries, a minor annoying thing) and hit these 2 things in the head. So after much time being wasted in phpmyadmin I restored the owners of the files and let the owners of them put them where they thought they should go.

Thats all that I can think of at the moment. This just almost annoyed me to the point of dropping CPM for good

Nibbler

Re: Two things that I request to be changed/put in
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 10:05:41 pm »

Little point in asking why, they are missing features and will no doubt be added to some future version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.