Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading to multiple albums at one time  (Read 9245 times)

Singular

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • A Singular Creation
Uploading to multiple albums at one time
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:58:35 pm »

Hello all,
I was wondering if there was a way to add this function. It would be much better to be able to upload images to multiple albums at once or at least set it up so that if users do add an image to their own album, they could copy it to a public album without having to reload it. That wastes disk space and is not as convenient.

thanks,
Joe

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Singular

• A Singular Creation
Re: Uploading to multiple albums at one time
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 02:30:08 am »

Thanks for the reply. That information is very helpful. But there are a few issues with it.

First of all, I can only assign one keyword per album. In a gallery with paintings, photography, digital art, drawings, etc., each with similar albums, images would get placed in incorrect albums. To explain: If I have a category called "Photography", with an album called "Nudes" and I have a category called "Paintings" also with an album called "Nudes" they will have the same keyword "Nudes". So a painting with the keyword "Nudes" will also show up in the photography album.

Next, I have many users. How are they supposed to know the keyword of the albums.? There is a list of recommended keywords but that doesn't tell them which keyword goes with the album.

Please have a look at my gallery to get a better idea of what I am talkin about: http://asingularcreation.com/Gallery/

best regards,
Joe

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:56:26 am »

Singular

• A Singular Creation
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 08:36:26 pm »

I am not asking for support. I am askng for someone to listen to my suggestion and consider it. I think the keyword option to place images in multiple albums is very poor. Some albums have the same name, such as Photography/Nudes and Paintings/Nudes. If I place a painting in my personal gallery with the keyword Nudes. it will go into the photography album as well. Also, I have well over a thousand users. How are they suppose to know all of the correct keywords and how to place their images in multiple albums in that manner? Allowing users to be able to select multiple albums by holding down the control key and clicking the albums from the dropdown menu would be a much better option. If you guys do not want to consider it, I would be happy to pay one of the developers to do that for me.

all the best,
Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.