Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Currently bridged phpBB and Coppermine - looking to switch to SMF  (Read 2559 times)

gav240z

• Coppermine newbie

Hi everyone,
I couldn't find any information about this so I apologise if this has been covered before. I currently run a website that is using phpBB and Coppermine bridged. Everything works fine but I've decided SMF is a better forum software for me. The good thing about SMF is that there are scripts that allow you to convert your database from phpBB to suit SMF. My question is that if I decide to switch and unbridge from phpBB and rebridge to SMF will I have any issues?

I have set my current bridging to access phpBB's users so I shouldn't see any problem with switching over but to be honest I'm no database expert and have limited knowledge of SQL only enough to get me in and out of trouble.

Has anyone else gone through this process? I may be able to set up a test environment but I don't know if I can test that user galleries remain intact. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:22:01 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Currently bridged phpBB and Coppermine - looking to switch to SMF
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 01:22:33 pm »

Has been asked and answered only four days ago, see "integration with SMF?". Your search appears not to have been very thorough... ::)

gav240z

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 01:11:21 pm »

Hi sorry about that and thank you for the link all the same. The question wasn't exactly answered in the other thread though. I'll see what I can find in terms of users ID's and if everything works out I'll reply for others who may be in the same position.

Cheers
Gavin.

gav240z

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 03:30:45 pm »

Posted reply http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=43608.0 and switching to SMF works fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.