Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows XP explorer resets  (Read 4937 times)

easydoesit

• Coppermine novice
    • http://easydoesitproductions.com
Windows XP explorer resets
« on: March 08, 2004, 12:19:39 am »

I downloaded CPG 1.2.1 and unzipped it to a folder.  Using Windows XP Pro Edition, I open the folder and go through until I reach the Themes folder.  I open it, and I want to open up some graphics in the 'Hardwired' theme folder.  So I open it.

Just seconds after I open the Hardwired theme folder explorer resets and clears any windows that were open or in the taskbar.  I've tried other ways around this (moving the folder, using image editor to view the contents, etc.) to no avail.

I've searched but haven't found a problem solution after sending error report to Microsoft in their support.  I am updated with Windows and drivers.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?  This has also happened to me when opening another theme I just recently downloaded called CaliSkinV6.
-- Transform & Roll Out! --

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 12:20:16 am »

I've never heard of this one.  I use xp home edition, and can open and view all files no problem.  Very strange indeed.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

easydoesit

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 12:21:15 am »

Actually, now the situation is anytime i try to open an Images folder in any of the Themes explorer resets.  This didn't happen before when I used the previous versions of coppermine.  ?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 12:30:26 am »

Sounds like a windows problem to me.

Have you checked to see if this is happening with other image folders.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

easydoesit

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 12:36:00 am »

No, it only happens with the 'Images' folders that are within 'Themes' folder that is within the CPG 1.2.1 Standalone folder that I unzipped.

It probably is a Windows problem although I have been searching their newsgroups and support/downloads site for solutions but haven't found any.

I have access to the contents right now, but it is a bit of a stretch just to do.  I ended up opening my FTP and downloaded the files from my server onto my desktop.

Damn Windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.