Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good way to rearrange pictures and change thumnails for galleries?  (Read 3136 times)

mrklipp

• Coppermine newbie

I'm in the middle of migrating over from Gallery2, and I'm trying to figure a couple of things out.

First, is there a simply way to visually rearrange pictures in an album? Also, is there an easy way to change the picture that is used for the thumbnail in a gallery?

Thanks

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Good way to rearrange pictures and change thumnails for galleries?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 01:22:50 pm »

Hi and welcome to the CPG support forum.
Some pointers to start with:

1- Read the documentation
2- Read it again, most basic things are covered in there (among which thumbnail setting per album)
3- Search the board
4- Search it again as most questions have been answered before

Rearranging pictures in a album can be ascending or descending by filename or date. In the config page of the cpg.

mrklipp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 03:04:57 pm »

Rearranging pictures in a album can be ascending or descending by filename or date. In the config page of the cpg.

I know how to set the basic configuration, I've gone through the basic docs and done some searching to try to find my answer, maybe I'm just not using the right search terms.

What I am trying to do is rearrange the pictures not by name, or date, but arbitrarily. In gallery2, there is a plugin that allows you to easily move pictures in a gallery around in a visual interface, I was hoping that something similar exists for coppermine.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 07:17:06 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 03:11:34 pm »

Feature is called 'Sort my pictures'.

mrklipp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 03:24:30 pm »

Feature is called 'Sort my pictures'.

Right, I've found that, but I'm hoping there is something more graphical available.

Maybe I don't have it configured right, but when I go to sort my pictures, I get a text list of the names of the pictures that can be rearranged. I'd be fine with that if I could see the pictures on the same page as I am rearranging them, like with the plugin for Gallery2, but it's hard to work with what I have.

The gallery I am migrating is named with numeric file names from a camera, but they are not in sorted order, so seeing the file names is of little use when I'm trying to arrange them, I'm hoping there is a way to rearrange the pictures other than the interface that only displays the file names.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 03:27:28 pm »

Not that I know of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.