Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allow more than one user to view a Gallery + More rights  (Read 5179 times)

Meistaaa

• Coppermine newbie
Allow more than one user to view a Gallery + More rights
« on: March 07, 2004, 02:24:42 pm »

I think it's better, when you can choose more than one group, whitch is allowed to see the gallery.

Additionally I would prefer, that Groups are ranked. E.g. the Moderator Group can see Gallerys from reg. Users, the Admin can see all Groups and so on...

Thanks I hope you will notice my ideas!

Cya,
Meistaaa

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 08:28:23 pm »

This (multiple group memberships, inheritable permissions etc.) has been requested before, but is not easily done. Of course we have considered this for future versions of coppermine...
For the near future (with the existing coppermine structure), this is not possible.

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 08:54:40 pm »

Actually, it is possible for users of one group to view albums set to another, lower group.  I have a group called 'superuser' on my 1.2.1 test site.  When changing a registered user to superuser, just make sure that both boxes are ticked in the usermgr, and they then see these albums.

Note, in this version this only works if 'show private icon to unlogged user' is set to YES.  In the next version this works fine without the icon setting.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

dionarap

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 02:29:41 pm »

hi casper,

thanks for your advise to set 'show private icon to unlogged user' on.
now it works ;)

but is there a possibility to show a thumbnail of one of the real pictures instead of the "private picture" for logedin user from other groups?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 06:51:50 pm »

At the moment, no, but will be in the next version, if you can wait  :wink:
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.