Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breaking up full size picture when showing  (Read 4117 times)

LouisXIV

• Coppermine newbie
Breaking up full size picture when showing
« on: May 02, 2007, 07:22:38 pm »

Since I moved my coppermine from a linux webhost to my own windows webserver I am having problems when showing the full size image. Many of my pics only show a small part of the picture ???

My coppermine album can be found at http://louisxiv.no-ip.info

Example of a good pic:
http://louisxiv.no-ip.info/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0

Example of a not-too-good pic:
http://louisxiv.no-ip.info/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=38&pos=0

I first thought it could be affected by the original picture size, but that is not the case. Also I upgraded my Coppermine to 1.4.10 without results...

Who can help me?

Nibbler

Re: Breaking up full size picture when showing
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 07:47:40 pm »

Looks like the files did not transfer properly. Try again.

LouisXIV

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 08:07:11 pm »

That will probably not help .... the webserver is connected to my LAN, and I copied the files by hand. When I open them by hand (like in IE or any other program) the files are OK.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 08:35:58 pm »

The file you link to above is not OK. It is corrupted.

LouisXIV

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 09:59:39 pm »

The file you link to above is not OK. It is corrupted.

Which one? I tried them myself, and they work for me  ??? ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 08:35:24 am »

http://louisxiv.no-ip.info/coppermine/albums/shadow/aanschaf/DSCF0105.jpg is fine, http://louisxiv.no-ip.info/coppermine/albums/shadow/rr_noord_070429/070429_0028.jpg is broken. You can easily find out, just try opening the file directly in your browser (without coppermine embedding it) - you will see that it is corrupted. If it can be opened in your desktop app, use the "save as..." dialog there, your desktop app may be capable to repair the file for you.

LouisXIV

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 04:37:43 pm »

Sorry, I did read Nibbler's reply like I should have .... I thought het mentioned the LINK was not OK  ;)

I have been experimenting a lot:

I tried resizing the original foto in different programs, I created special "test" albums and I added pictures by upload or by batch add.... without any result. The stangest thing is there are 2 albums which are working fine, and all the other albums are having this problem.

Howeveer, I more and more come to the conclusion it might not be a Coppermine problem, but a whole different problem  :-[

When I open the "corrupted" JPG's in any program locally (via LAN) the picture is shown OK. When I open a JPG in a brwoser (IE or Firefox) when using http://louisxiv.no-ip.info/...etc the picture is corrupted. When I open the same JPG in a browser using \\webserver\www\coppermine\...etc the picture shows OK.

Seems like that ONLY when I open the picture via Internet, it is corrupted  ??? ??? ??? Does this mean it is a problem of my webserver? I am using Windows XP Pro, Apache 2.059, PHP 5.1.6, MySQL 5.0.24 (WAMP Package).

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 06:59:39 pm »

No, it doesn't mean that your webserver is broken. It means that your image is broken. Browsers art just a bit more picky when it comes to broken images. Or see it the other way round: desktop apps are just a bit more fault-tolerant. The image http://louisxiv.no-ip.info/coppermine/albums/shadow/rr_noord_070429/070429_0028.jpg is broken, that's all. As you did not heed my advice and fixed the file using your favorite desktop app, I tried downloading the file to my client, but to me it is broken beyond repair (none of my favorite desktop apps is capable of opening the file). This leaves you back to stage one: open the file on your desktop, choose "save as.." and save it using another file name. Then zip the pic and attach it to your posting.

Joachim

P.S. We do not recommend self-hosting. Windows XP definitely is not a suitable webserver operating system. I strongly suggest reviewing the whole idea to run a webserver of your own.

LouisXIV

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 09:40:49 pm »

First of all I really like to thank you for having such patience with me  :)  Now let me see if I can understand what you are trying to tell me, and where I lose you:

You think the problem is caused by the full size picture itself. I saved the image from your link to my desktop but with me also the file could not be opened by my desktop apps (Paint Shop Pro 8, Fireworks 8). The file size after saving to the desktop is the exact same size as the original file on the webserver by the way. So, the file opened through the internet is probably beyond repair. As you asked, I hereby attach this broken file, and the original file, in a zip attachment.

However:
- the original file on the webserver opened through LAN in any browser is OK, not corrupted
- when I use the original (not-resized or modified) fotos (which are OK to begin with) in a test album I get the same kind of broken pictures

Am I that wrong that I conclude that it is not the physical full size picture file (which resides on the webserver) which is causing the problems, but the way this file is showed when opening it from the internet in a browser?

I hope you understand what I am saying, and I understand your remarks .... english is not my first language  8)

Edward

P.S.: I totally agree that self-hosting is not a optimum solution. However, my (free) webhoster ended its service and I needed a quick solution. The webserver is a separate PC (not my workstation) and I hope to be able to switch this XP PC with a Linux PC soon.

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 10:03:19 pm »

The broken_ file is corrupted and the original is not, this is not a Coppermine issue but something you need to resolve yourself. The file sizes are the same, however the md5 checksums differ meaning they are not perfect copies.

Code: [Select]
fc570ea374f38a90948fffafdf7463ac  broken_070429_0028.jpg
b1c4d5904dee4ee86c92c898652cf042  original_070429_0028.jpg

LouisXIV

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 01:50:31 pm »

OK, so now I am really confused  ??? ???

Yesterday I mentioned in my reply I was thinking it was more a webserver (= Apache) related problem, Joachim said it was a picture problem, and now Nibbler is telling me it is not a coppermine problem...that is j ust like I said in my reply yesterday, isn't it???

And "something to resolve myself" does not help me much ... that is why I came here in the first place. Suppose it IS a webserver/Apache problem, is there anyone who can tell me how to solve it, or tell me where to go and look for answers? Please?

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 02:02:41 pm »

If it is a webserver/Apache problem then it is the job of the sever admin to fix it. We only provide support for Coppermine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.